Sign in to follow this  
matthewk

Wake from S3 with USB Keyboard

Hello all, I FINALLY got my X2 4400+ on Friday and put the system together. Initial impression is WOW! The speed is yummy!

I can get a pretty stable clock at 230FSB, but I have noticed games that push the system (Doom 3, HL2, 3DMark 05) will occasionally lock up. 225 seems pretty good, but just to make sure I've dropped it down to 220. I'm lucky that my 2GB (2 sticks) of memory can stay at 2-3-2-5 even at 230.

Anyway -- the question I have is; how can I get the system to wake up from S3 with my USB keyboard? I have the Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite combo, so both the mouse and the keyboard go through one USB cable.

I've enabled it to wake from any key press, and I've fiddled with other BIOS settings, but I just can't get it to work.

Also, what is the S1&S3 option?? A hybrid or something?? I couldn't find any documentation on this.

Thanks in advance! :)

I'm going to assume you changed jumpers to run from +5VSB right?
Tried that, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm not sure what the problem is I am using keyboard for power on at this moment. The only issue I have is problems with sensor readings when waking from standby (S3 I believe?). I have +5VSB enabled on motherboard and 98 keyboard enabled in bios. It may be a problem unique to your keyboard.