uhh --- videocards and RMA's.... =/

haha im only 14.

PS i dont see how comp building regards with your age. some things stupid tech support lines know, i know more about. so its not like a 30 year old dummy on a tech support line knows it all.

age has nothing to do with building computers except for experience.

Guest DrAgO

No i was just wondering why you were getting your dad to buy your parts.

There was 2 options to my opinion

1) your to young to work *14 isnt to young*

2) your a lazy mofo ;P

You know, My youngest son just turned 16. I upgraded his PC for is birthday

(K8 with all the fixins) He does well in school, is polite to others, and stays out of trouble. So I had no problem upgrading his PC when he asked.

Guest DrAgO

Yeah i didnt mean it like that.. i was just curious. Im 16 neally 17 and i work/ go to college. So im rather flatout myself.

age has nothing to do with building computers except for experience.
And everybody knows experience is worthless, aye? Which is kind of a shame - think of what you could have learned in this little episode.

sluggo

C'mon guys let's not turn this into a flame war on the original poster. Obviously his attitude is a little distorted if he thinks that when stuff goes wrong, a quick swipe of daddy's credit card will fix it. It is however fair to say that we've all learned through experience. When I first started building computers a couple years back it took me a long time to fully be comfortable inside the computer case as I've made mistakes like these. Fortunately not to the extent of shorting out an expensive video card, but there have been RMA's in my past.

To the original poster, sorry to hear about what happened. You now know when working with your computer or any electrical equipment to take your time. You can try to RMA the video card, but I think you should be upfront with them about what happened, instead of trying to weasel a new card out of a company because of negligance. Just my 2 cents.

Guest DrAgO

yeah your right cmay,

i i shouldnt be an butt for what happened, i mean mistakes do happen and i didnt mean what i said to hurt his feeling. Sry hymn

Hymn, you should stop fiddling inside your _expensive_ computer, I see you also did this:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15630

I don't blame your dad... but I do feel a little bad for you, I can imagine how you must feel.

You're scary with computers, and I hope you are learning something from all of this.

Why don't you fiddle with a an old junk computer if you want to learn how everything works and what not to do?

I hope your dad forgives you :-)

yeah im ok, im gonna try and RMA the videocard back... eVGA has an option if your dealer wont take it bak, they can replace it. so ill try that tomorrow when it comes.

haha, PS you werent really "hurting" me. lol

yeah on my first computer i built... i took the motherboard out of the box, and a capacitor fell off. there i went to RMA it... and you know tigerdirect, they arent too fast at shipping.

well i lived off that one, and news, oh news... im on my new computer just fresh windows XP iinstall... i see the windows xp loading screen for literally 2 seconds then its loaded... ive tried all kinds of XP cds from slipstreamed SP2 to plain windows xp pro with normal sp1 and that was like 40 seconds boot. i made the right choice but now i can live due to this computer being such an angle :D

haha, thanks for the replys

Tom

No i was just wondering why you were getting your dad to buy your parts.

There was 2 options to my opinion

1) your to young to work *14 isnt to young*

2) your a lazy mofo ;P

ha, or a little of both... ;)