Sign in to follow this  
altyne

What PSU would u RECOMMEND: OCZ modstream 520W or Antec NeoPower 480?

What PSU would u RECOMMEND:

OCZ modstream 520W or

Antec NeoPower 480?

I need ur opinion about my rig...best PSU..

using single VC only and my basic rig:)

It really seems (using the links you provided) that you are bound and determined to get the Antec PSU. Though I will not deter you from whatever choice you have made, I will say this: OCZ PSUs are about the best in the biz (concerning the ModStream and PowerStream). I doubt that you will get the service and turn-around time from Antec that OCZ provides their customers

With that said, compare both PSUs you are contemplating your purchase. I think you will find the OCZ PSUs outrate the Antec in both service and reliabilty. But that is just my opinion...

I would pick a OCZ Powerstream over the Modstream (i have a Modstream and like it a lot, nice PSU). The adjustable pots on the Powerstream will come handy if you wanna add more volts to your ram (ai 3,3v >) without using the 5v rail.

(1) OCZ PowerStream 520W = [email protected], 1% load regulation & 5yr warranty

(2) Antec Neo Power 480W = [email protected], 3% load regulation & 3yr warranty

(3) OCZ ModStream 520W = [email protected], 5% load regulation & 3yr warranty.

For SLI the OCZ PowerStream 520W is fully recommended,

the Antec NeoPower 480W has a limited recommendation & the OCZ ModStream is NOT recommended for SLI.

The "BEST BANG for the BUCK" is the Antec True Power II 550W SLI Certified for only $89!

Enjoy :nod:

Guest Halvis

"i dont trust any psu that Antec makes these days (too much bad rap and too much bad experience) - AG" :confused:

hmmmm... well.... hmmm..... I dont have mucho experience, but that I have had, I never had, nor known anyone IRL that ever had "Antec" problems...

Tho I am POSITIVE that OCZ's reputation for top of the line power supplys goes well beyond adjustable rails and glitzy packaging. Heck, they've got ANDY! ;)

Andy smells funny...but being the owner of this forum and reading many other forums and having a ton of hardware around here...i have simply seen too many bad things about Antec's psu's to be able to give an honest recommendation on them.

this isnt to say they are all bad...I am quite sure that davidhammock is correct in his recommendation of them. I just trust OCZ psu's more for the simple fact that I have two that have never given me an issue and they have support guys in this forum to help you out should you run into a problem.

My 600 watter is strong as can be.. I just did some rma's for ram through Andy.. I dont know about him smelling like AG says but he couldnt have been more helpfull.. ;)

Andy smells funny...but being the owner of this forum and reading many other forums and having a ton of hardware around here...i have simply seen too many bad things about Antec's psu's to be able to give an honest recommendation on them.

this isnt to say they are all bad...I am quite sure that davidhammock is correct in his recommendation of them. I just trust OCZ psu's more for the simple fact that I have two that have never given me an issue and they have support guys in this forum to help you out should you run into a problem.

The OCZ PowerStreams are superior to any of the Antec PSU's,

having adjustable rails, 1% load regulation, a 5yr warranty & that FAMOUS OCZ CUSTOMER SERVICE!

The ModStreams, although very good PSU's, are in the same class as the PowerStreams.

IMO the only other PSU's that are in the PowerStream class are the PC P&C's.

And OCZ just plain PWNS customer service, no one else is even close! :nod:

That being true, sometimes the new Antecs are the "Best Bang for the Buck".

Dave