Finally got through 8 hours of Memtest86 ver 3.2 today. Then decided to run Prime95, but wanted to beable to check temps also, so I fired up ITE smart guardian for the lack of having anything else yet. results were cpu 27 deg C chipset 46 deg C Pwmic 35 deg C at idle, in Prime 95 Torture test mixed hit 36 deg C CPU 47 deg PWMIC and 47 deg C chipset.

One other weird thin was all of my voltages were within spec except for the NB+1.5 V which was red at 1.66V . I'm currently trying to run at stock speeds, do I need to worry about this overvoltage?

Hierro

At stock you should be able to turn down the chipset voltage without any problems. You can also take the chipset off and apply a better thermal paste (such as AS Ceramique). Both the pwmic and the chipset temps being high would seem indicate high ambient and/or crappy air flow in this situation, however. Try running in a ~70F with all case covers off and maybe a big rotating fan pointed at it if you have one to test this.

Sorry missed the idle temps a little at idle they are really cpu 27 deg C pwmic 33 deg C and Chipset is at 44 deg C. As far as coolong there are 2 80mm fans in lower front, 2 80mm fans out upper rear, one 80mm fan in side door over ram. Chipset is directly in the path of the lowest front fan blowing in. And my Vid card is sandwitched in between the flows from both front fans. My wife insists on keeping the A/C at 70 deg F right now for some wallet breaking reason. And the air leaving the case feels cool.

Is there a chipset fan you can recommend that won't interfere with adding another Gigabyte 6800 Gt. Would you recommend AS5 for the thermal interface or the ceramique. And what would be the best way to lower the NB voltage without tanking the stability?

Hierro.

I used AS5 on and and then switched to Ceramique and saw a pretty concrete drop of a couple degrees. The surface isn't particularly flat, making ceramique a better choice, as well as the fact that it doesn't conduct, so you can splash it everywhere ( :cool: ) without worrying much.

Can't answer you on the other questions I'm afraid, I'm a little perplexed as to what to do regarding the temps as well. I swear that little fan should be able to do 10k rpms though.

• 2 weeks later...

in SMARTYGARDIAN my ATX +3.3v is reported as 1.66v. I`m at a nice OC of 300x9 and the system is rock solid Prime95 abd Superpi 32M stabil, but what`s up with the low 3.3v rail?