OCZ Gold 3200 2x512MB (BH-5 UTT) = $139.55 @ newegg.com (updated 10/05

Angry_Games

240 is clean with 3.4v but I need 3.5v to run 250 clean. Jebus, do these get hot even with fans on them. Ran them for 9 hours at 250 with Memtest. Currently priming at 250x11.

@dng29 - 270-290 1:1 @1T with tiught timings. Good lord, that is incredible. Mind throwing up an A64 tweaker shot for us?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea they get hot. even my classic bh-5 got hot at 3.4. you can do 3.45v (3.4+0.03) to 250 memtest clean. play with settings.

now for prime, thats another story, hehe.

Thanks Bro, my mushkinites are only 2x256 so maybe that is another reason for the heat difference. I really hate to sound like a dumbaz, but I still don't understand the +0.03 setting. can you explain it to me? And of course your CD-rom with the various bioses is still kewl as hale.

240 is clean with 3.4v but I need 3.5v to run 250 clean. Jebus, do these get hot even with fans on them. Ran them for 9 hours at 250 with Memtest. Currently priming at 250x11.

@dng29 - 270-290 1:1 @1T with tiught timings. Good lord, that is incredible. Mind throwing up an A64 tweaker shot for us?

Sound,

These are good memory sticks. They get very hot for anything over 3.2V if there is no fan right above them. 250Mhz with 2-2-2-5 will get you same performance as TCCD at 280 Mhz with 2.5-4-3-7. I used to have a pair of them and unfortunately they hated high voltage and therefore the max I could get was 230 Mhz at 3.2V.

Thanks Bro, my mushkinites are only 2x256 so maybe that is another reason for the heat difference. I really hate to sound like a dumbaz, but I still don't understand the +0.03 setting. can you explain it to me? And of course your CD-rom with the various bioses is still kewl as hale.

0.03 - conditions

1. will add 0.03 to current voltage if on +3 from 3.1v and below

2. will add 0.03 to current voltage if on +5 from 2.5-4.0v

3. will not add 0.03 to current voltage if on +3 and on 3.2v

ex:

+5 feed, 3.4v selected - bios: 3.46, SG/MBM: 3.42/43

w./ +0.03, 3.4v selected - bios: 3.49, SG/MBM: 3.45/46

glad the cdrom is workin out 4 ya:)

Sound,

These are good memory sticks. They get very hot for anything over 3.2V if there is no fan right above them. 250Mhz with 2-2-2-5 will get you same performance as TCCD at 280 Mhz with 2.5-4-3-7. I used to have a pair of them and unfortunately they hated high voltage and therefore the max I could get was 230 Mhz at 3.2V.

actually i have 2 pairs of memories. 1 pair is g.skill LE that's rated at 275Mhz with 2.5-3-3-7 timings and the other pair is ocz pc3200 rev. 2 plat. I think the chips are all 4 sticks are tccd, but i could be wrong on the ocz sticks. none of these like high vdimm :(. anything above 2.9v causes random reboots. it's weird that i can run memtest fine at 275 or above with 1:1 sync ratio, but winxp is unstable. now that i think about it, it might be my 3200 venice that has crappy mem controller. it can oc pretty high into the 2900Mhz on air :). when i run the memories in a divider, everything is fine. Just 1:1 ratio is not good.

actually i have 2 pairs of memories. 1 pair is g.skill LE that's rated at 275Mhz with 2.5-3-3-7 timings and the other pair is ocz pc3200 rev. 2 plat. I think the chips are all 4 sticks are tccd, but i could be wrong on the ocz sticks. none of these like high vdimm :(. anything above 2.9v causes random reboots. it's weird that i can run memtest fine at 275 or above with 1:1 sync ratio, but winxp is unstable. now that i think about it, it might be my 3200 venice that has crappy mem controller. it can oc pretty high into the 2900Mhz on air :). when i run the memories in a divider, everything is fine. Just 1:1 ratio is not good.

"1 pair is g.skill LE that's rated at 275Mhz with 2.5-3-3-7 timings and the other pair is ocz pc3200 rev. 2 plat".

TCCD.

if u bought the rev.2 plat recently, TCC5..

Sound,

They get very hot for anything over 3.2V if there is no fan right above them.

Do you need a fan if you only volt to 3.2?

Also, has anyone experienced the cold boot issue lately using this memory (new, not already damaged) and only 3.2 volts (NOT on the 4.0V jumper) with the latest Bios?

Do you need a fan if you only volt to 3.2?

Also, has anyone experienced the cold boot issue lately using this memory (new, not already damaged) and only 3.2 volts (NOT on the 4.0V jumper) with the latest Bios?

u need a fan on the dimms from 2.9v+, IMO.

"1 pair is g.skill LE that's rated at 275Mhz with 2.5-3-3-7 timings and the other pair is ocz pc3200 rev. 2 plat".

TCCD.

if u bought the rev.2 plat recently, TCC5..

TCC5? so what's the best bios for TCC5 then? :). thanks in advance.

Jebus, dng29 - I sure wish you would put a signature together. I'd Like to know more about your rig dude.

So if I am hearing you right you have a 3200 Winnie at over 2900MHz on air and your crappy memory controller is limiting your TCCD(5) memory to 270 - 290 @1:1 which forces you to use a divider at any higher FSB?

Will whoever is closer to dng29 reach over and biatch slap him for me. :D

I wouldn't be flashing any new bioses. Maybe spend time playing with A64 tweaker and re-reading johnrr6 and THunDA threads but I don't think I'd be flashing anything. What kind of cooling man? and a lil sig action por favor :)

@pershoot - thanks for the +.03v explanation. Just hate to mess with stuff I don't have a handle on. Danke!

Jebus, dng29 - I sure wish you would put a signature together. I'd Like to know more about your rig dude.

So if I am hearing you right you have a 3200 Winnie at over 2900MHz on air and your crappy memory controller is limiting your TCCD(5) memory to 270 - 290 @1:1 which forces you to use a divider at any higher FSB?

Will whoever is closer to dng29 reach over and biatch slap him for me. :D

I wouldn't be flashing any new bioses. Maybe spend time playing with A64 tweaker and re-reading johnrr6 and THunDA threads but I don't think I'd be flashing anything. What kind of cooling man? and a lil sig action por favor :)

@pershoot - thanks for the +.03v explanation. Just hate to mess with stuff I don't have a handle on. Danke!

sorry, ok i just edit my sig :). it's a week 19 venice, not winnie :).