OCZ Gold 3200 2x512MB (BH-5 UTT) = $139.55 @ newegg.com (updated 10/05

Angry_Games

The first set I have works great at 2-2-2-8 @ 2.8V in both boards, and reads as 2.5-3-3-7 in both boards.

The second set reads the same (wrong) values in both boards, and does not work in either board.

And I said it did pass test #5.

Hello, are you sure the are bothe the same part number? It sounds like you might have one kit of 3200 Gold VX and the other plain 3200 Gold. Perhaps they were mixed up at the retailer.

Email me with a link to this thread and I will get you fixed up.

Thanks

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, are you sure the are bothe the same part number? It sounds like you might have one kit of 3200 Gold VX and the other plain 3200 Gold. Perhaps they were mixed up at the retailer.

Thanks

They are the same parts according to the sticker on the DIMMs.

I think I may have got them to play nice together now by mixing the pairs, running the "good" pair in the first slot (orange slot closest to CPU) and second slot (yellow slot closest to CPU) and running the new pair in the third and fourth.

Thanks

This is the way CS is supposed to be ....I wish all retailers online and B&M would take a clue from OCZ

Kudos, Andy :nod:

Yeah, gotta love OCZ for that.. they scour the online forums for people having problems with their products. That was actually part of the reason I went with OCZ memory this time.

I found that I was getting errors on memtest test #8 intermittently. After mixing the pairs I haven't got any errors after 12 hours of memtest with the settings in my sig. I am currently running prime95 from a bootable linux CD (I think my XP install got corrupted) and I am up to 6 hours with no errors.

I am purchasing DFI nF4 Lanparty Ultra

AMD 3700+ San Diego

ThermalRight XP120 with Delta tri-bladed fan

BFG 7800 GTX OC

Have 550W PS, but if it doesn't pan out I can go with OCZ PowerStream.

Question is RAM. Based on recommendations here I have decided to go with OCZ. I need 2 gigs, which isn't the most optimal for OC results, but it is a requirement for what I am trying to perform on the PC.

Angry obviously seems to favor the Gold.

I see these Gold, but CAS 3?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820146970

These are some Platinums:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227210

So, I haven't been doing this long enough to "have an opinion" on whether I'd like tighter RAM settings or a higher clock. The only other machine I've overclocked was an NF2 board with an Athlon XP. I chose Corsair RAM at the time and selected tighter RAM settings over highest available clock.... but that has no bearing, this is a completely different machine.

It would make my day to hear AndyOCZ or Angry chime in with a recommendation on what RAM would work well for me. I don't plan on spending weeks after weeks squeezing every ounce out of it. I would like to jack up the stock speeds a little to get more bang, though... that sounds fun.

From what I've seen, Angry, you are running 4X512 at 2T instead of 2X1048? Would that be a good recommendation for a casual OC newb like myself or would that involve a lot of tweaking to make it pan out?

Thanks a lot guys, I respect your opinions and appreciate the time put into replies.

They are the same parts according to the sticker on the DIMMs.

I think I may have got them to play nice together now by mixing the pairs, running the "good" pair in the first slot (orange slot closest to CPU) and second slot (yellow slot closest to CPU) and running the new pair in the third and fourth.

I'm just curious here, the slots are color coded, as in you would want one set in both Orange slots, and the other set in both Yellow slots. Not one set in Yellow and Orange, and the same for the other set. Maybe that is how you finally got it to work, I'm not sure, just keep that in mind is all.

-Freez

Freezer26,

I own OCZ Gold 3200 2x512MB BH-5 (OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K) with a Venice 3200+ and I have been having all kinds of problems even running at stock speeds (Thread#20350). Where did you hear that Venice doesn't like BH-5? If that's true I'll replace my Golds just to get stability.

Please see this thread and try these timings: http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost....046&postcount=3

You should be able to get stable with a Venice no problem.

Let me know.

Please see this thread and try these timings: http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost....046&postcount=3

Let me know.

Thanks, Andy. Actually, I've already tried your settings with the 704-2bt BIOS and I still had all kinds of problems, which I'm still in the process of documenting here: Thread #20350. I'm really having a lot of difficulty getting something to work and stay stable at stock speeds. At this point I'm really thinking I have some kind of harware problem. But I'm lost as to how to determine what is failing on me.

If there is any advice that you could provide it would be most definitely appreciated. I've had this pc for over 2 weeks now, I've tried 4 BIOSes, lots of Genie bios recommendations and over a dozen complete OS re-installs and nothing is working.

Let me know.

Man, you just totally saved my butt.

Had the 4000 running perfect (so I just had to tweak - I know, I know)

reflashed the 5/10FIX-2 and moved the sticks to the yellow slots.

Better than in the past but still not as good as the orange.

Switched sticks back to orange and trying some mem tweaks and than nothing but issues. 5 hours of everything and still not like b4. Frustrated as hale.

Could smell a total reinstall coming.

Inputed the settings from the link and BOOM back to perfect. :)

OCZ rocks!

They replaced all 4 sticks of my memory so that I could have 4 from the same batch. They are now stable running the settings in my sig. I had to increase the voltage to 2.9 as I got an error in prime95 after 6 hours at 2.8V. No errors at 20 hours now.

Anyone know ANYTHING about the C2 revision of the OCZ Gold PC3200? Part #OCZ4001024ELDCGEC2-K. Thanks in advance (they are $20 cheaper than the regular golds)!

Sam

These are modules that will not run 2-2-2 at 2.8v. You may have OK luck at higher volts. Dunno for sure.