OCZ Gold 3200 2x512MB (BH-5 UTT) = $139.55 @ newegg.com (updated 10/05

Angry_Games

DAMN dude, I totally appologize, I was in a hurry and had meant DRAM Idle timer!! in place of Bank Cycle Time!! A million appologies.

EDIT: HERE are my settings @ 255HTT 1:1 at 11hrs Prime stable. Now I'm not saying that they will work for you, but see what will.

-Freez

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the dram idle timer setting? I don't see it here in the bios timing suggestions. I don't have the DFI up right now but I will again tommorow and want to try it which header is it under? Ras CAs delay?

saw another sig with 4708 tref using bh-5 gonna try that too.

Tras at 2

What is idle timer called?

can I change the settings in A64 tweaker in windows? does that work? will it save them to my bios then?

A64tweaker is only good until you reboot and cannot save to BIOS.

Please get the board up and try my settings in this post: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...8&postcount=148

All you need is to be a bit off and the DFI will puke on you (so stand back, the green pea soup is messy).

Set up carefully and use my BIOS setting exactly. Try the VX and redline and report back. Remember that if both kits hit close to the same ceiling, you have to look elswhere. Use 2-2-2-8 timings and don't even bother with any 3's. You want what you paid for, 2-2-2 at 250mhz for both kits.

Make sure you have all 4 power connectors attached to the board (24 pin, 4 pin, Molex and Floppy). Make sure you have a good quality heatsink and use a thin layer of heatsink compound about the thickness of 2 sheets of standard paper. Place an 80mm fan over your memory blowing directly on the 2 sticks. Leave your case open to insure that the temps remain tolerable. I suggest using the 510-2 BIOS and the yellow slots for all testing. Do a long CMOS clear before setting up your BIOS, even after a flash. Double check all connections and timings/settings in BIOS.

The next stage would be using my settings and testing each stick individually and recording the results.

Let us know what you find. We are here to help and don't give up easy. ;) I'm glad you are committed to get the DFI running.

Thanks

AndyOCZ, don't you mean 510-2 BIOS. You said 610, wasn't sure.

-Freez

Oops! Thanks. I must move that 6 key away from the 5. I work on my laptop for my main work rig and fight the keyboard anyway.

I know it's a bit late, but I have two kits of this stuff, testing one kit for a couple of days first.

It's stable memtest #5 10 loops memtest #8 5 loops @ 230fsb 2-2-2-5 3.0v and prime95 stable 24 hours in windows (haven't tested further) but I have it running at 225fsb 3.0v because the system rebooted once after about 72 hours (not sure why as yet).

Going to test the second kit next week.

Official 3-10 bios, 4x512 works at 2T 2-2-2-5 3.0v 200fsb, memtest stable and prime95 stable, as well. Just seeing the individual limits at various voltages with the kits standalone first. :)

I just got these last week, but I didn't see a rebate.

They seem to like my DFI board better than the MSI Neo4 I replaced, but still caused a no post with rated settings after psu was unplugged for about 2 hours. Anyone else has this issue?

I Really like the RAM and the price, but I'm wondering if I got a bad set. Does 17 passes of memtest86 and 4 hours of BF2 at 2-2-2-5 @2.8V count as burn-in?

I just got these last week, but I didn't see a rebate.

They seem to like my DFI board better than the MSI Neo4 I replaced, but still caused a no post with rated settings after psu was unplugged for about 2 hours. Anyone else has this issue?

I Really like the RAM and the price, but I'm wondering if I got a bad set. Does 17 passes of memtest86 and 4 hours of BF2 at 2-2-2-5 @2.8V count as burn-in?

I would suggest the 510-2FIX BIOS for these. They are voltage hogs so don't be shy. :) I let mine do 48 hrs of Prime @ 3.3v, don't know if thats a good burn in but I run prime almost everynight for testing on top of that.

-Freez