Sign in to follow this  
h41t3r

wierd voltage, 12v, and temp probs?

I'm not sure whats going on with my mobo. I am setting the VID and SPECIAL VID as specified on the chart in the sticky, but when I come into windows and run smart gaurd, speedfan, or any other hardware monitor it does not show the same voltage readings that should be there for the CPU, it is actually quite a bit lower than what it states it should be in the table. Does this have anything to do with my CPU being recognized as a default V of 1.34?

Also, I am getting strange readings on my 12v line in these programs as well.. I see 11.58-11.75 on my 12v rail, but when I use my analog multimeter its showing me a stable 12 (or slightly over/slightly under.. gotta go buy a digital reader tomorrow).. Now that I see two possible probs with my mobo readings it makes me wonder whether or not my temps are reading properly as well.. at idle i get roughly about 30 degrees celcius but during load it jumps all the way to 50..

any idea whats going on here? is there something up with my BIOS? I dont really wanna update unless absolutely necessary.. and if its recommended, which BIOS seems to be the most stable with my processor? I am getting a pretty garbage OC right about now, not sure if its the processor or some other factor.

I am priming stable at the speeds below but once I try to get 248*10.5 I get prime errors in first 4 tests. It cant be my RAM since I am running it with a divider right now (cant remember exact.. but CPUz states its running at a mere 185mhz)

thx

Well first off your readings look fine, it's not unusuall for software probes to give readings that are not exactly spot on. If you check you will probably find that then BIOS will give you different reading also. You should probbly be less concerned about the exact voltages you see, and be more worried about them staying stable. Pretty much most of the ppl around the forums seem to say you really can't trust the sofware probe programs. Your temps seem ok, mine idels at about 27c and goes to aout 40c max ... but my voltages is a little lower than yours (1.4v).

As for the stabiliy, several people have found their system to be less stable when running a divider ... may be able to lossen timing and run the mem at 1:1

Good advise from willy

Get the 6/18-2 bios or a newer one and try hiking up the voltage on the ram to 3.4 or so. Ditch the divider and clock it 1:1. If that psu has adjustable rails don't be afraid to give them a boost. I'm a bit skeptical about the 10.5 multiplyer as well, you don't see many people using a .5 and I have never tried. Also you might consider running something like the 32mb Super Pi run to test for stability instead of Prime95... it's compatibility with winchester was terrible and although better, I know it can still give unrealistic failures with Sandies

thanks guys, i'll update and lower the timings right now and will report back..

and yes.. i thought the software monitoring programs were a bit wierd, at first I was running the 450w modstream and it was showing a 12v reading of 11.6* which may have been possible considering it is only 450w, then i switched to the 520w mod (2 days ago) and the readings are just slightly higher.. go fig=|.. anywho.. thanks again :nod:

sorry for double post, but can someone provide me a link to where the new beta bios' are? 6-18 and such..

thanks

*EDIT* NM FOUND IT!