Memory Help Please!

I need some help on deciding what memory to get.............I want the best possible performance, and i dont want any chopping in my games :). I currently have :

ATI Radeon X800XL

DFI NF4 Ultra-D

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice

512Mbx2 Pc3200 Geil Value ram (was $89)

160Gbx2 Western Digital SATA Raid 0 HD

My Setting in Genie are....

240x8.5.....CDT 3........Core 1.5 110%, Chipset 1.7, and Dimm 1.6 or something and thing is 200Mhz 1:1 in DRAM Settings

I want to get better ram...........i want to know if 2Gb OCZ or Corsair Pc3200-Pc4000 is better/cheaper than OCZ Platinum Rev.2 DDR600 PC4800, because its $250 and i want to make sure that im getting the best for my computer. I would like to run Everquest 2 on max settings without chopping lol. If they are ending up being the same price its fine, i just want to know what is better overall.......2gb or 1 gb that can run FSB of 300 or more........Thanks.

P.S. if you can help me find better settings for my mobo. or have any suggestions, please do tell! :) i think there is something seriously wrong though, i only get 4700 benchmarks in 3dmark 05

there is nothin really wrong with 4700. thats pretty good i guess. well back to the ram. corsair has had past problems with DFI motherboards so i would go with the OCZ. Im pretty sure that if u get more than a gig of ram, it doesnt improve performance by very noticable amounts and I am not to familiar with OCZ so you should get further opinions before gettin ur $250 ram. good luck with ur computer!

I need some help on deciding what memory to get.............I want the best possible performance, and i dont want any chopping in my games :). I currently have :

ATI Radeon X800XL

DFI NF4 Ultra-D

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice

512Mbx2 Pc3200 Geil Value ram (was $89)

160Gbx2 Western Digital SATA Raid 0 HD

My Setting in Genie are....

240x8.5.....CDT 3........Core 1.5 110%, Chipset 1.7, and Dimm 1.6 or something and thing is 200Mhz 1:1 in DRAM Settings

I want to get better ram...........i want to know if 2Gb OCZ or Corsair Pc3200-Pc4000 is better/cheaper than OCZ Platinum Rev.2 DDR600 PC4800, because its $250 and i want to make sure that im getting the best for my computer. I would like to run Everquest 2 on max settings without chopping lol. If they are ending up being the same price its fine, i just want to know what is better overall.......2gb or 1 gb that can run FSB of 300 or more........Thanks.

P.S. if you can help me find better settings for my mobo. or have any suggestions, please do tell! :) i think there is something seriously wrong though, i only get 4700 benchmarks in 3dmark 05

Shoot for the sexy 4800, you'd soon realize that no matter how much value ram you get, it's not a whole lot of fun. Only something like bf2 might gain more from having 2 gigs, I don't think Everquest would. Get adequate cooling on the proc and have fun OCing. 4700 is low for what you have, get the catalyst 6 drivers on that radeon and shut down background programs. Oh and on the chipset, try to keep it under 50 if not cooler. Take if off and apply your own thermal paste (I would recommend AS Ceramique) Try to get some air going to it as the card sits right in the way.

Thanks a lot!!! But oen question, Catalyst 6? theres only 5.6 out.......im confused on that. Currently my Chipset is running at 56C While gaming. I Have an Artic colling cpu Fan too :) Solid 40C while gaming

Sorry I should have been clearer I *meant* catalyst 5.6. Your cpu is alright but 56C on the chipset is something to get a little worried about. It's wierd, to me it feels like there has been a sustained rise in chipset temps with a whole lot of people at this site. Mine has felt this as well, it now runs around 45 with ceramique and tons of airflow at 70F ambient. Try running the comp in a cold, air conditioned room with side panels off on the case and maybe a house fan of some sort pointed at it. Also if youve got paste of any kind it's probably better then the little stock cooling pad they put on it.

Which one would be a good choice?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227206

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227208

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227211

I would like to save money if possible, i want the cheapest but most effective OCZ ram :) if i will really notice a super amount of difference with the Pc4800 then thats what ill go with, please let me know

Guest scott

If you ask us what memory to get for your board for overclocking, the answer will be:

PC3200 Platinum Rev 2 , 3700 Plat, 4200 Plat. 4800 plat or 5000 plat (all TCCD [or TCC5])

PC3200 Gold

PC3200 VX Gold and PC4000 VX Gold

AndyT

OCZ Product Expert

END QUOTE

link