NF4 Ultra-D> freezes in games

any luck bnf?

I actually soved the problem - just returned every damn thing to stock settings. So basically I can't overclock or the video will not work....but I'm prime stable and memtest stable at 2500mhz, but my video will not work :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i put everything back to stock settings. and still get the same. does not seem to be as offten. or maybe just luck..

Someone Mentions IRQ conflicts.. and i know 0 about irq crap so after 20 or so reboots to right this down. here are what i came up with..

Memory Controller NA

SMBus Controller 11

USB 1.1 3

USb 2.0 EHCI 5

Mutimedia Device 3

IDE Cntrlr 14

IDE Cntrlr 10

IDE Cntrlr 11

Serial Bus Cnrtlr 10

Network Cntrlr 5

Display Cntrlr 5

ACPI Cntrlr 9

This is from the start up process. no clue how to change. or if there is anything even wrong :P..

If you are, I think ive found your answer, after many and many hours of research, iv e found that certain drivers for this little guy including the new windows update drivers will do exactly what your describing, Lockups and freezes requiring a reset..

just search : marvell yukon lockup : and youll see tons of threads on bad drivers for this card. And, yes, I to was experiencing the same LOCKUPS!!!

heres a link to another forum with a similar topic.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/image-vp506807.html

If your not using the marvell, then Im not sure what it is.

• 2 months later...

Well I tried that and anything anybody could come up with and no luck.

I seem to have solved the problem now by installing Windows XP SP2 and/or rearranging my hdd and optical drives (CD & DVD-RW drives each as master on their own IDE channel, one single SATA hdd for storage). I don't know which of these two measures solved the problem (although I suspect one of the other two hdd's might have been faulty) since I did both at once.

The PC has been rock stable for 16 days now, running without downtime and with quite a lot of gaming (love Quake 4 & F.E.A.R. :dog: ).