NF4 Ultra-D> freezes in games

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, first post :)

I am having the same problems with an nf4 lanparty ultra d. I have a 6600gt as well! It is really driving me nuts, and I have tried both pcie slots, redone drivers, etc. For the love of god someone help!

I'll keep trying different things as well. Don't give up BNF, I won't! TTT

Well the next thing I will try is going to be a fresh install of Windows XP (just to eliminate Windows 2000 as a possible source of the problem) with minimal components (only one hdd, only one optical drive).

I'm just waiting for the weekend when I'll have enough time to do that.

Oh and I'm also getting yet another PSU tomorrow, just for kicks.

bnf: I have a freakin' new ocz powersteam 520 hooked up to this board. If that's not enough....!!!!

Has anyone tried tweaking the pci-e bus frequency like +-5 hz? I was going to try that, but I'm working overtime right now :)

I have had the same problem. thought it was my GPU getting two hot. but it was only getting up to 60*C stock.. Coming very close to just returning this board for and abit board. i like the features of it. but not worth the hassle imo.

Wow, did not realize this was such a prelevant issue. I am using win xp professional and have been prime stable and have a prime stable 24 hrs setting with pretty tight ram timmings.

At these prime stable speeds I was able to play bf2 for a couple of hours and then bf2 just shuts down without warning? I can start her right back up and play for another hour and same thing?

I have been trying to loosen the ram a bit thinking that prime stable does not mean bf2 stable......lol I have gone from 2.5-3-3-6-8-15 to 2.5 -3-3-8-10-17 with some other minor tweaks trying to give bfw what I thought it needed with no resolution? I just thought the issue was instability with the oc despite my testing.

I would like to know of any possible resolutions......

Same here. i have run prime for 24 hours and no errors. Anyone have any ideas to this? before i can this board..

BeQuiet 470W Blackline 1.3
You posted that you tried another PSU, what was it? :confused:

You also say that you getting a new PSU, what is it? :confused:

bnf: I have a freakin' new ocz powersteam 520 hooked up to this board. If that's not enough....!!!!

Has anyone tried tweaking the pci-e bus frequency like +-5 hz? I was going to try that, but I'm working overtime right now :)

Why do you think that the OCZ PS 520W is not enough? :confused:

Test like this: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=137886

Before returning the board, try restoring everything to stock speed to eliminate your tweaks and overclocks as the culprit. If that does not eliminate the problem, it is likely a driver or other conflict causing the problem, in which case a switch to another mainboard would not solve your problem.

You also say that you getting a new PSU, what is it?

Had: Tagan TG480-U01

Getting (just arrived today): OCZ Powerstream 520.

You also say that you getting a new PSU, what is it? :confused: Why do you think that the OCZ PS 520W is not enough? :confused:

Test like this: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=137886

Oh, sorry, I was being sarcastic about the 520 not being enough! It should definitely be enough!

New info - I loosened my mem timings, jacked up the voltage to 2.9 and still does the same thing - anything video related, the computer freezes up. EVEN AFTER I REFORMATTED, FRESH INSTALL, EVERYTHING. I tried playing an nVidia demo, and it froze just like cs:s does. WTFx9999999?

BTW, ran 12 iterations of memtest, and it was fine. I am going to try flashing to the newest bios, but we'll see.

To the top!