mainly for the OCZ guy, anyway to turn off that led fan on the powerst

seriously considering the ocz powerstream for my next psu, it appears theres a lit led fan on this psu, I personally hate always lit fans, Id prefer a way to turn it off without invalidating any warranty, is there any way to do that if I get the PSU? I like the adjustable pots on the exterior, so if theres any way to not have to open this thing that would be great

Thanks in advance

seriously considering the ocz powerstream for my next psu, it appears theres a lit led fan on this psu, I personally hate always lit fans, Id prefer a way to turn it off without invalidating any warranty, is there any way to do that if I get the PSU? I like the adjustable pots on the exterior, so if theres any way to not have to open this thing that would be great

Thanks in advance

I don't represent OCZ or anything, but I'm sure you would have to open it up and modify the fan if you wanted to get rid of the LEDs.

The green LED is on the back fan, cant even see it from inside the case(if you have a window)

Great PSU...It was also a concern of mine, dont sweat it, just go for it, you will be glad you did!

Best PSU i have ever owned.

fwiw, I own a Powerstream 420 and I personally don't think the fans move enough air. I have to have my 120mm case fans as low as they go so that they don't put a large enough strain on the psu fans to cause the psu to overheat (it's done it twice when I've had my 120's at 7v.) Whenever I get a chance, I'll be modding my Antec 3700 to allow more un-restriced airflow right through the front so the psu doesn't crap out.

Thanks in advance

I too would like to know what I can do with the fan. I have had the OCZ 520w Powerstream now for a few months and it went well with the preious case that I had it in (GREEN Chieftec Dragon) BUT now I have a Black Silverstone case that has blue LEDs. It would be kewl if I could get a blue fan stuck in there but I dare NOT open up the PSU cuz the warranty is to killer to void it.

fwiw, I own a Powerstream 420 and I personally don't think the fans move enough air. I have to have my 120mm case fans as low as they go so that they don't put a large enough strain on the psu fans to cause the psu to overheat (it's done it twice when I've had my 120's at 7v.) Whenever I get a chance, I'll be modding my Antec 3700 to allow more un-restriced airflow right through the front so the psu doesn't crap out.

:rolleyes: