Sign in to follow this  
MassiveOverkill

Who here would like to see an Nforce4 Ultra m-ATX board?

293 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hell yeah I would!!!
    • No, I'm not into SFF, I believe bigger is better
    • I like lugging my 50lb PC to LAN parties. It's the only workout I get as a geek.

hehehe, interesting poll and follow up posts, I for one would definately have considered the DFI mATX if it were an option, I just recently bought the AMD E6 rev of Venice 3000 and the MSI Radeon board, that stupid having to buy that damed PCI express card too prevented me from going with the DFI Lanparty NF4 and the chip too all at once, this way I can use this MSI board with the chip for now, the Vid card is not an issue until I can save up for the Card and the DFI board. So its a temp board at best for a few months. I plan to hang on to it though with the intent of possibly building a HTPC for my Widescreenie Samsung HDTV, that would be sweet. Im not after any Overclocking speed records with the board, just rock solid stable at stock speeds for now. Now if later on DFI made something in a small form factor or mATX that did OC and catered to the HTPC crowd, I woudl definately dump the MSI board and consider it. Thanks for the poll and I hope your right in what you say the REPs are saying. But time and time again, Angry has said when either he or Rgone have a board in hand, then its for real. Please dont argue with him, if the home office hasn't made mention of it yet to him, how can he know about it. It sounds like vaporware to me still. Once they have a prototype to send to him then its given. Its probably on the drawing board as we speak. So please dont go flaming and such for a most likely non existant product yet. Travis works hard to babysit this site and its been a wealth of info and I would hate to see it disappear.

My 2 cents on the matter.

I'd really like one with nF3 754 - everything's is cheap for that platform right now. You can put together a very decent system for <500$

It's good to see that this thread didn't die.

I'm going to build a uATX AMD64 X2 system.

I would very much prefer a DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra caliber board but if DFI can't or won't do it, someone else will next year sometime. uATX SFF systems are just getting too popular for this growing niche market segment to be ignored.

That Jetway is overclockable and highly regaurded in Asia. I might bite next year if the nF4 option doesn't happen. It has the X2 support which is the most importaint qualifier. Significant overclocking is the second qualifier for me. The rest, including SLI, is the icing.

If DFI ever gets in the uATX Lanparty game, I'd buy four of 'em. One for each member of the family :D

Here's my worklog of my new setup: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=...02&page=1&pp=20

My new specs:

Jetway A210GDMS-Pro

A64 Venice 260x10 1.55V

Evercool EC-WC-202

2x1024 OCZ PC3200

Sapphire X850XT VIVO 600/600

Maxtor Maxline III 16 meg cache 250 gig

Seagate 200 gig 7200.8

LG 16XDVD burner

Fortron 500w Blue Storm

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1203195

really nice job dude. you got me excited about the whole SFF thing again.

Thanks for sharing the build links.

It's good to see that this thread didn't die.

I'm going to build a uATX AMD64 X2 system with or without DFI.

I would very much prefer a DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra caliber board but if DFI can't or won't do it, someone else will next year sometime. uATX SFF systems are just getting too popular for this growing niche market segment to be ignored.

That Jetway is overclockable and highly regaurded in Asia. I might bite next year if the nF4 option doesn't happen. It has the X2 support which is the most importaint qualifier. Significant overclocking is the second qualifier for me. The rest, including SLI, is the icing.

If DFI ever gets in the uATX Lanparty game, I'd buy four of 'em. One for each member of the family :D

yea, been eyeballing that X2 3800 for myself, just sucks this MSI board blows at Ocing, it might be worth swapping it out for the Jetway and or a DFI or whatever else comes along, for the price, the X2 3800's have been hitting some good clocks on the known good Ocing boards, so if a mATX one came along it could really blend in nicely as an HTPC, you could have other tasks running on one core, and the other core can be doing the DVD decoding, or encoding of mp3's etc.... you can still have it running a point to point program like kazzaa or win mx in the background while not degrading your DVD watching, I see great potential for a good Ocing mATX board, having the higher clocks available on the cheapest X2 chip on an HTPC sounds good to me

http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/8804

I hope this is true, it says at the bottom DFI has plans to build one too, lets hope so, Im eyeballing the 6150 version, if it truthfully is HDTV compatible and has the HD intel audio stuff then I forsee it being a great htpc setup, lets hope DFIs flavor winds up being OCing friendly

Just passing along what I have found, as AG has stated time and time again, dont get your hopes up until theres an actual board you have been able to buy and have in hand, with that said, not trying to start any rumors, just sharing what I have found

This is Directed at Angry Games...........

Travis, because its very difficult to get a hold of you these days, I understand and totally support your reasoning on that, anyhow, I am posting this in hopes you seeing it.

I am extremely interested in the possibility of a mATX nforce4 based board from a company like DFI. Is there a specific contact I can email, or call to talk to someone from the company to find out which of the 2 chipsets they are considering. Or is there a way to maybe start a subthread on the matter. This topic is of great interest to me, I would love to be some sort of beta tester possibly, I would even pay for a pre production board and give it whirl. I have an HDTV thats been itching to see some PC action, if they chose to go with the 6150 nforce 4 flavor I could definately try it out and give feedback etc... Anyhow, I would sure like to remove that MSI sig at the bottom and replace it with a DFI product #. I just dont see going to a full sized setup anytime soon and now that I have this nice mATX case and everything arranged in such that I want to migrate it over to the Home Theater setup, I would be glad to help them in any way.

Thats if you read this and care to respond. LMK if I can be of any help. Send the word along there are interested folks out there and we value any insight and thier efforts. If not a beta tester, I would like to be one of the first as I have commited to building a proper HTPC and already a good step of the way there. It would be great to OC this 3000 finally and I have high hopes the DFI flavor will be the best bet in that dept. Im also assuming they are considering the mATX version of a board based on these, though it could be a full sized one, but I highly doubt that. I dont want to start any rumors here, so thats why Im asking for the horses mouth, Ill trust that.

Cheers

Jeremy

they dont even listen to me and Rgone lol

I've no interest in pushing an mATX board as we already have a plethora of boards and they are hard enough to support...the best answer I can give is go with a company that already has a great mATX board (Shuttle makes excellent P4 micro's I know) or that specializes in them.

A lot of people would be disappointed in the fact that mATX boards won't be the overclocking monsters that the full size Lanparty boards are...and the overclocking monster Lanparty boards are where our focus is, and honestly that is where it needs to stay so that we can continue to be the best at making overclocking boards.

lot of you might not like this answer, but from a support end...it is my answer. It is in no way meant to say 'f- you'...it is just our personal feelings that mATX boards are a niche like overclocking...and we need to stay on top of the niche we are already in (besides, we already have an SFF K8M800-MVLF board that is fantastic...and the one I have is in an Antec Aria case with a tvtuner and its perfect, quiet, and reliable (the one good thing about VIA chipsets)).

if DFI builds another mATX board...then they do...but you know my feelings on speculation and rumor...we don't comment on anything until we have a finished product in our hands that is available for sale.

fair enough, I have seen several sites claiming DFI is among the number of vendors building a board around tforce chipset, I have shot off an email to the address off of the DFI official site and we shall see if I get any response, FWIW of all of the options as it seems there are a lot of mobo makers jumping on this chipset I would probably give DFI another shot because now they will have an option to mate up a socket 939 on a mATX board possibly in the near future, a few months ago they did not, even if it winds up not being a ocing monster I would still like to give this company a shot

Its just a wait and see game what all comes out in the next few months and where the chips will fall with everyone

Thanks for your stance on it, if DFI does come through and produce a board based off of this chipset Ill definately consider it and if I do, I will share my experience for all here on the street

I have been wanting a Nvidia based mATX board and although any of the boards coming in the next few months will probably be just fine, I think DFI is a good chance of maybe having some OC potential, we shall see

cheers all

J

I will be moving to a 6150/430 micro board in the near future...if DFI makes one then I'll take a look at it, but if not then I won't have a DFI.

It doesn't even need any OC features for me, just as long as it takes full advantage of the chipset's features.