Who here would like to see an Nforce4 Ultra m-ATX board?

293 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hell yeah I would!!!
    • No, I'm not into SFF, I believe bigger is better
    • I like lugging my 50lb PC to LAN parties. It's the only workout I get as a geek.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you MonsterZero. I hope the rest of you all throw your backs out picking up your PC the next time you have to move it :P

Im sorry but if your having problems lifting your computer maybe you should get out from behind it for a couple hours a day and hit the gym.

-Just a thought

• 2 weeks later...
i been sidetracked lately but I do have the initial stock speed database almost ready to post up (just got to get it posted)

I'll get a 7800GT in it and then overclock it as soon as I can

So what's the status of this test run Angry? Inquiring minds have their cursers poised over the buy button waiting. :P

Hi Angry,

Have you finished writing your review on the RSI board? i am fairly interested in the oc-ability and stability. It's the first time I switched from an Asus to the DFI ship.

What about giving SP2004 a shot ?

I'm supprised this isnt the recomended solution over prime 95.

Its basicaly prime with an interface more suited to stability testing.

http://sp2004.fre3.com

SP2004.png

Shows Start Time, Duration (what AG needs :rolleyes: ), CPU speed (multi rarley accurate) and can display MBM readings every minute in the output box during testing.

Also much easier for dual core / HT setups, not requiring special shortcuts to be configured.

Just run it twice, select core 0 in 1 instance, and core 1 in the other.

All the options of prime in an interface better suited to our needs.

we use Prime95 because it is the original and from the original dev team

we've had requests to use variations over the years but we feel like the original is still the best and there's no need to change, and it keeps everything uniform in testing so there's no question of differences.

I know you will say "but there's no differences", but then you will have to argue with 1,000 know-it-alls who will argue just to read their own text repeatedly (trust me, I have had these kinds of arguments with too many users here and at the old forum and I don't have time for such nonsense as even when you PROVE something there's still experts who will argue otherwise)

there's nothing wrong with Prime95 and there's no reason to move to another program. I can handle stopping my prime 30 minutes too quickly, but then I am older and I have something called patience, and it doesn't really bother me if I screw up in minor ways like that, as I learn from my mistakes.

So what's the status of this test run Angry? Inquiring minds have their cursers poised over the buy button waiting. :P

*sigh* it has been sitting here collecting dust with a giant Thermalright HR-01 heatpipe on it since the last time I posted =(

I've just not had a lot of time to get anywhere with it, and the initial overclocking I did was definitely NOT the same as my Lanparty RDX200 overclocking (which is actually a pretty good overclocker, and the bios options between these two boards for overclocking are virtually identical).

I guess i can get back on the ball and try again right?

is anyone still interested in this board?

I can tell ya that the onboard video stinks compared to even the weakest video cards (it MIGHT be as good as an FX5200 but even a Radeon 9500 will whip the integrated video)

but it does very well with a 7800GT in it lol

Yes AG I’m interested in the hdtv-out performance of this board. Is the onboard engine powerful enough to provide smooth HD play back? Does this board require higher quality ram and power supply like the lanparty boards? I’m looking at this board for a mcpc with some over clock on my opty144.Any further info on this board would be great.

Yes AG I’m interested in the hdtv-out performance of this board. Is the onboard engine powerful enough to provide smooth HD play back? Does this board require higher quality ram and power supply like the lanparty boards? I’m looking at this board for a mcpc with some over clock on my opty144.Any further info on this board would be great.

i cant honestly answer the HDTV out aspect of the onboard video, but I can guess based on the gaming specs of the integrated video...and I would say more than likely not since the onboard vid really is just not suited for that type of thing

however I do understand that gaming and passing-through video (decoding) can be quite different. However, a 6800GT or better that can handle HDTV out is going of course always be a much much better solution.

Like any modern socket 939 + PCI-E platform, it will require the same power as our other lanparty/infinity setups...but you can easily drop a very quiet Fortron Bluestorm 500w or Seasonic S12-500w psu into these and still run a 144 Opteron + 2GB RAM + 7800GTX + hdd + dvd-rw + tv tuner + onboard HD Audio with relative ease. My Skyhawk 520w psu powers this thing just fine with all that stuff hooked up to it ;)

as for overclocking, as I mentioned, it has the same options as the Lanparty RDX200 Crossfire board...but so far (limited testing keep in mind), I have not been able to garner the same overclocks out of it, even using the same hardware that I got a decent clock on my RDX200 Lanparty board.

but I'll hopefully get busy soon and get back into it as you all know I hate being defeated so easily!

Yes Angry I'm very interested on how far you can push this puppy.

As far as the integrated graphics chip goes, I don't really care much about anything it can do as I plan on installing a REAL video card in it. I'm thinking of something like the 7900GT or 7600GT if I'm too broke at order time :P

I'm mainly interested in the mobo/cpu/memory bw/etc as that is what will support the REAL card while gaming, video editing, rendering, etc.

However it has to be stable. I agree that P95TT is the way to go. It's an established standard and doesn't need a frontend GUI to possibly throw doubt on the results.