What Should I Oc To On My Vid Card?

RF321

I was able to get for a reasonable price a Leadtek A250 TD Geforce4 TI4400 128mb

and was wondering what would be a stable OC for it??

Thanks

RF

I would try a couple of different settings, have you tried adding the registry tweak for the Nvidia card yet? it's called coolbits and it will unlock the portion of the Detonator drivers that allows you to OC. Make sure you have good cooling on that card or another fan blowing right on it the key to a noce OC is to keep it cool. Thermal take makes a nice heatsink fan for the GeForce 4 all copper and add some Ram sinks and it should be great. I put one on a Ti 4200 I have here and it dropped the temp by better then 5c. Decent card to an Asus but crappy fan/heatsink on it from the factory I also used Artic Silver III when I replaced the stock cooling

• 2 weeks later...

just find out what you can get it up to man. its just a video card :) plus almost all cards run different and different temps cause my friend has the same card as me and i can go 20/20 more then him with no black lines or messups caused from heat :)

I don't know about the difference between the two, but my OEM MSI GeForce3 Ti200 64DDR card will go from 175/400 stock to 230/500 with nothing more that the stock cooler replaced with a Thermal Take Crystal Orb using Arctic Silver and some ram sinks. Runs this way all day long, rock solid. It did this without the ram sinks, but they stayed hot so I considered them preventative maintenance. :P

i have an Abit Siluro gr3 ti200 an have been payting with the core/mem speeds ...i would like to ask you gay what a good speed for her is ...she was 175/400 new ...an i have got as much as 210/480 with old changeing out the coolers ...i wont some feed back guys ....i am useing power strip ...i use msn "[email protected]" an aim "zackintown" so please give some advice.....thank you

I don't know about the difference between the two, but my OEM MSI GeForce3 Ti200 64DDR card will go from 175/400 stock to 230/500 with nothing more that the stock cooler replaced with a Thermal Take Crystal Orb using Arctic Silver and some ram sinks. Runs this way all day long, rock solid. It did this without the ram sinks, but they stayed hot so I considered them preventative maintenance. :P

please note the last post you had to read prior to posting your own question

the only thing i didn't mention was the use of either Powerstrip or a coolbits type driver unlocker. the MSI OEM drivers that came with my card had the speed adjustments, i once pushed mine to 250/570, and then it crashed my PC, so don't try to go that far, but like i said 230/500 rock solid, all day long with properly applied cooling (lapped the bottom of the TT Orb until it was a perfectly flat smooth shiny piece of copper and applied with Arctic Silver) same for ram sinks

cooling cooling cooling

the abit siluro geforce 3 ti 200 looks like this an has a core clock of 175 an mem or 400 ...right now i am running at

210/480 with 2 case fanes blowing on it ...one on the back an one kinda up near the bottom blowing at the sinks...an i playing ut 2003 at 1600/1200 stable ................ :D:D:D