Temperature Problems - Need Help Choosing Fan

crypted

Hey everyone I'm running an AMD Athlon 900Mhz processor, and because my computer locks up very frequently now, I've decided to seek your help in buying a new fan for it. At first just keeping the case open and having a big fan blow on it did the trick, but that doesn't really work anymore and I can't even install a program without the thing freezing up. So I decided to check the PC Health Status under CMOS, and after letting it sit there for several minutes, it showed the Current CPU Temperature being approximately 60 degrees celsius. Is it alright for it to be at that kind of temperature, or what should it be at? If someone could suggest a good heatsink/fan that would help lower the temperature and cause it to stop locking up, then I would really appreciate the help. And another thing.. when buying a fan how will I know if it will fit on my processor? Are there different sizes or what? Please help, thanks!

lol ^. I would get a volcano 7 cooler for that cpu....not a volcano 7+.

the volcano 7+ would fit but you dont need it unless you plan to upgrade soon...that is good for modern processors too.

or you could get the thermalright SK6+ at this place for 13.95

http://www.coolerguys.com/Merchant2/mercha...ry_Code=CPC-AMD

Edited by sYstEmATiC

you guys might like this appearently they havent updated their site in while. :) lol, anyways i believe they only made the athlon 900 mhz in the socket a style, thus a volcano 7 or 7+ will not work. Youll have to find a different fan.

im pretty sure that the 900mhz athlon is a socket A, i know i had one that was. What youll need to do is find out what socket your processor is (probably socket A) then you need to search the web for a fan that will actually work for it. I personally dont know of any, seeing as how old they are. So this is where i leave, with an idea and a lot searching to do.

your going to need a heatsink fan for socket A/socket370 coolermaster ,thermaltake ,vantec ect... make them still

and the ThermalRight SK6+ should fit fine

Edited by bishop245