which one to get?

Guest Iceman_merged

Guest Iceman

I had a ocz pc 4000 vx but it did not perform as it should have so i RMA'd it and asked the guy if they could traded in for ocz el platinium rev 2 and he said yes!

So what do you guiys think should i go with the vx or rev 2 i have a 3200 venice to match it.

Ocz platinum rev.2 uses tcc5 [old ones TCCD] so it's not sure that they will be good overclockers like the old ones...

If you like volts go for the VX

If you dont i suggest to go for a higher rated memory...

P.s You can identify TCC5 from TCCD if you look at the bottom right of your memory sticker.If it says v1.1 you'll get TCC5

Ocz platinum rev.2 uses tcc5 [old ones TCCD] so it's not sure that they will be good overclockers like the old ones...

If you like volts go for the VX

If you dont i suggest to go for a higher rated memory...

P.s You can identify TCC5 from TCCD if you look at the bottom right of your memory sticker.If it says v1.1 you'll get TCC5

TCC5 isn't exactly bad, it's just not the holy grail of performance.

It still clocks pretty high, just maybe 10Mhz shy of what the TCCD plat r2 OCZ sticks used to get.

If i had the choice, i'd go for the low voltage RAM anyhow, i'm just a little paranoid about running the 3.6v that VX stuff needs through my Athlon64's on-chip memory controller :P

Get the gold if your PSU and Mobo can go over 3V VDIMM properly because the VX loves lot of voltage to shine.If not then get the TCCD.I was thinking of either to OCZ VX Gold or Corsair 4400.I was swaying towards the Corsair because my mobo and psu>im not sure of to go over 3V safely.At a benchmark at Anandtech it showed the VX taking considerably more voltage than the Corsair to shine.

Actually, if you don't mind invalidating the warranty by running more that 3.0v, the Gold (BH-5) is a better option than the VX. With proper settings and burn-in, they will likely clock higher with the same voltage.

TCC5 isn't exactly bad, it's just not the holy grail of performance.

It still clocks pretty high, just maybe 10Mhz shy of what the TCCD plat r2 OCZ sticks used to get.

If i had the choice, i'd go for the low voltage RAM anyhow, i'm just a little paranoid about running the 3.6v that VX stuff needs through my Athlon64's on-chip memory controller :P

ive seen alot of ppl saying that it is jus tccd that wasnt sold and it being relabled to keep up with the dropping pricing of the market , have u noticed teh drop..?..?