Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

I perfer FahMon....its a little more light weight but doesn't allow you to start or stop the client with the program.

http://fahmon.silent-blade.org/

I saw that one too but it didn't look like it was recently updated and doesn't appear to provide as much info.

With EMIII I can watch all my folding boxes on my local network at the same time from one computer, so it's only running on one computer which makes it work for me. Probably does have more overhead but I turn the protein drawing crap off and it seems to take 25 hours to process the 364 point work units I have been getting with it or without it running.

Have you found any other folding related apps in your travels?

-pickles

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a little problem here. I've changed my old team id to the new team id for DFI. For some reason though when I go to user statistics it still has my old teams ID and I don't show up in the dfi folding team page. I went into the configure and changed it. It even says Team 45454 in the stats.

Have a little problem here. I've changed my old team id to the new team id for DFI. For some reason though when I go to user statistics it still has my old teams ID and I don't show up in the dfi folding team page. I went into the configure and changed it. It even says Team 45454 in the stats.

i believe once you post your first wu under dfi team all should be well. just make sure that when you go into the client that team 45454 is there.

Also, note that Stanford stores stats by username and team number so if you fold for two teams you have two stat entry so for example I fold for team dfi...here is the url for the user states:

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py...name=synergymus

I also fold for team debian here is the url:

You can see stats for both teams if you remove the "&teamnum=****" part of the url:

As cpuz said though it won't show up until you post your first wu for dfi.

Hey Angry...

Can you get DFI to donate the extra cpu cylces of their office computers to the cause?

For team DFI-Street of course!!!!

nope, sorry. The office computers are pretty weak anyway.

am i the only one here who just lets the program run as a service and never messes with it? Heh i see all you guys wanting clients and microscopes and to watch your folding going on etc...I just let it run and never even bother with it...just check stats a couple times a day to see how the spare is doing lol

am i the only one here who just lets the program run as a service and never messes with it? Heh i see all you guys wanting clients and microscopes and to watch your folding going on etc...I just let it run and never even bother with it...just check stats a couple times a day to see how the spare is doing lol
Some of us don't have a life other than watching computers fold... beats my old hobby of watching paint dry ;)

-pickles

nope, sorry. The office computers are pretty weak anyway.

sure, i let the one on the lappy and the dell go 24/7 with out disruption, all my gramps does is ebay, email and solitare on his P4 so this F@H gets it working, my laptop stays on 24/7 as well, usualy hooked up to the firewire for an IC.

I just popped in a 4600+ X2 in the rig in my sig. It seems to be ripping away. I'll soon upgrade my server too. Keep up the great work everyone!!

I thank you for your work and my friend at work, who had to retire because he was just diagnosed w/ cancer of the esophagus also thanks you.

Just got PIV 1.6ghz on the team. I've got another one that isn't yet hook up to the network. I have to lean on my colleague to get it fixed up so we can hook it back up. A guy I used to work with was really good at downloading viruses/hacks on to our systems. Right before he left he got some spam server on this system and another one we had. Our IT guys say we have to clear the hd before they let us back on the net. The only problem is that this system has a bunch of software to run one of our experiments and my partner doesn't want to reconfig everything. Well its been 8 months so I am going to get him to take care of business and then I'll get that system folding too.