Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

WOOHOO got my P965 back from DFI and I've got the quad up to a paltry 3.5Ghz. OH YEAH. I feel points rolling on.

Excellent news. Congrats on the return of your trusty P965.

Paltry 3.5ghz on Q-Core . . . . Cough Cough :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I flashed to the new BIOS and things went to hell in a handbasket. It's not stable even at 3.2GHz anymore. I'm SO glad I saved the original BIOS before I flashed. I don't do that normally.

Why did I have to mess with things? I was getting sub 9 mins / % times :(

• 1 month later...
Then again if something breaks I’ll definite replace it with a quad. Funny, I can be out of money and the wife will say NO way you got that. If I tell her it’s broken she’ll say no problem get what you need. :)

Looks like some things need to "break" then :rolleyes:

Oop, back up to 3.33Ghz stable. Doesn't look like I'll get much more. % times are ~ 8min 20-30Sec.

Not bad! I've got my new E6750 @3.0Ghz running ~14:25min per %. Way better than the 28min my Opty165 was getting at 2.7Ghz:p

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm back folding. Right now I've got 2 Pentium D 820s and a Core 2 Duo E4300 folding using the Windows SMP Client.

I'm going to be building another machine soon which will be quad core... so... :)

(I've also got a few Pentium 4 2.4GHz machines running but they only get +/- 70PPD)

Way to go Dave and Welcome Back to SMP folding. Guess you’ll be hitting 500K pretty soon.

Maybe Thraxz will rejoin us seeing how you’ll probable bring a spark back to the team.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a quick question. I wanted to see how well this rig would fold. Its a dual core Pentium D @ 3ghz (stock). I downloaded the windows smp client (5.91 beta6) and went thru the setup instructions, but when i run it, its getting about 48mins per % (project 2653, 500000 steps). That seems pretty slow to me. One thing i do notice though, is that there are 4 processes loaded for FahCore_a1.exe, should there not only be 2?

I got a quick question. I wanted to see how well this rig would fold. Its a dual core Pentium D @ 3ghz (stock). I downloaded the windows smp client (5.91 beta6) and went thru the setup instructions, but when i run it, its getting about 48mins per % (project 2653, 500000 steps). That seems pretty slow to me. One thing i do notice though, is that there are 4 processes loaded for FahCore_a1.exe, should there not only be 2?
No, 4 is correct. Pentium D's just suck with SMP (and everything else in general).

Thanks David :)

So would i be better off running 2 instances of the non smp client on this machine?

EDIT: Well, i found out my answer. The windows SMP client yeilded ~50mins per % (project 2653, 500000 steps) on the P-D 3.0ghz while running 2 non smp clients yeilds ~16.5mins per % (project 2504, 150000 steps). The way things were going with the SMP client, and the amount of available time i have to run the app here, i would have never finished the WU by the deadline, so i had to kill it.

Wewt, broke 80th place :P Topping 10k points pretty quick too. I have at least 2 WU's waiting to get uploaded but folding.stanford.edu/ seems to be down.

EDIT: Wierd, havent been able to connect to the stanford site all day, and the 2 clients that are on this machine are just constantly trying to send the WU back with no luck. Dont think there is anything wrong with the network here. hmmm

EDIT2: Well, it seemed it was just me that couldnt get to the site. A restart fixed it but when it connected it grabbed a new WU but didnt send the finished ones. I hope those 2 that were done arent lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharp,

I was having a similar problem about a month ago. I could download ok but couldn't upload, or if it did upload it was at 1-3 kbs. The problem was with my ISP (Comcast) and took a couple of weeks to get fixed. The problem was intermittent because sometimes it would upload at at 100 kbs or so. I was able to show them the problem by running tests to www.speakeasy.net or www.speedtest.net. It either just sat there on the upload test or if it did pass the speed was very low. I asked but no one could say what fixed the problem.