Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

Well, I hit #32 on the MSI RedRockets FAH team, so I'm starting to move my FAH clients over to the DIY Street team. Main personal rig went online tonight. I'll start moving the others tomorrow and Monday.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll take me a while to catch up. Don't worry. And I may never catch up with some folks. I'm still running the old school original UI version, and I hear that the new SMP version is very efficient.

I won't run the SMP version because it requires the .NET framework, and I keep that off most of my computers unless just absolutely necessary (and FAH doesn't count as absolutely necessary :))

Wevsspot,

Why don’t you setup VMware / Linux SMP? You wouldn’t need .net.

Set it up via the; Guide to VMware and SMP install for F@H

The only thing the guide needs updating. You might as well use the newest Ubuntu version if that’s the version of Linux you want. It’s works well. When you get to the Linux install you’ll need to run the following Linux commands for the Linux SMP folding client.

mkdir -p ~/folding/fah6

cd ~/folding/fah6

wget http://folding.stanford.edu/release/FAH6.00beta1-Linux.tgz

tar xzf FAH6.00beta1-Linux.tgz

After you extract, you will need to start it with ./fah6 and make sure to add the "-smp" flag. Probably a good idea to run it once with "-smp -configonly" to make sure everything is set as you like.

Just for FYI.

Scheduled network outage Oct 11 at 5am pacific time

Networking will be upgrading the switches next Thursday 10/11 during their maintenance window between 5am to 6am pacific time. During this period, FAH will experience a network interruption for about 10 minutes.

Info came from Folding@Home Blog

If you run Win SMP you may have to restart the client once the connectivity is back.

It's a shame, so many dead FAH contributers on this team. I mean really. Since I quit the RedRockets Team and moved here (less than a week) I'm already at #105. Surely we have more computing power out there for a worthy cause than all of those other teams.

We are enthusiasts right? All of our rigs are capable of stomping the *hit out of every other team on the planet right? Come on team. Lets go!

I totally agree. We need more participation damn it! We'd smoke into the top 100 if we had HALF the dual core rigs on this site running SMP.

I've got two rigs folding 24/7.

2.95GHz quad and 2.0GHz E4300.

Though, Tasr left and our points dropped and you guys really are picking up the slack and keeping our average well above 10k. Thanks all.

I see fsth20, CPDMF and Jackyra really picking up points, especially CP.

I'm hanging my head in shame.

I was doing serious folding for two months but due to issues with wireless I became frustrated and quit.

I know, it's about the the teamwork and not individual scores but I was pizzed when WUs didn't register.

I am moving things to a new case over the next two weeks but I'll give it a go again.

there are a lot of us that should be contributing. We need to do better.

Actually, if you are a member of this forum, you should be contributing to our folding - (unless you are a panzyazz girly-boy with a small snitzel) :D

Maybe a "especial" logo for folding members would help get us more users (and those that have fallen away)