Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

Hey CPDMF you used an Abit for a little bit right? What did you think of it as far as overclocking goes?

I had the IP35 that Splave has now, I didn't have the kind of problems with it he is having but what can you do but offer to make it right.. Anyway.. I wouldn't consider it an overclockers board, it ran fine down low and managed 400fsb but wasn't stellar in the memory department. It's a decent mid range board though. My money would be on another P5K if I was in the market. Great performance all the way around with the P5K and overclocking is about the best there is amongst P35 boards..

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice CP, the linux SMP is so much better than winSMP.

I've still got mine chugging away at 2.95 on the 975X/G. It's about 9:30 per percent. 13ish if I game too. You can probably expect a good 3K PPD with that. Easily I bet.

Supposedly there is a new release of the Windows SMP client coming soon, but with the release of an update that tells me it's not coming that soon. The Linux smp client is so much better that I can actually boot into windows for a couple of hours a day to do some gaming, then back to linux and still be farther ahead..

Edit: Had to drop back to 3.2 at 1.35 volts, it was starting to get uncomfortable in this room with 3 rigs folding.. Still seeing 95 degree days out here.

Maybe, once I get everything sorted out. I am so used to shutting my main rig down I killed it before I went to bed.

VMware and Ubuntu is still faster than windows smp by a bunch but i only use Windows for gaming any more so I just boot to it when I need it.

Ew, that's not cool. Though I had to do the same thing. I got pissed off though and reinstalled windows while I was at it. Booting MUCH faster now. I also stopped myself from installing the nVidia drivers for my 8 series as I sold it to my little bro to finance my purchase of a 1GB HD2900PRO. Mmmm, 1GB gddr4.

Anyways, I'm up and folding again.

I decided to turn my spare room into a computer/gaming/entertainment room, so my main rig will be offline for a few days while I move everything around.

Just need to spread the rigs out into different rooms. My other two rigs run at stock, silent and without heat so they can stay in this room but this quad based rig has to go to another room..

Thraxz... you should save $100 and get the 512MB GDDR3 version... you'll only see about 1fps difference between the 2 on most games (a little more on Quake4, but not much)... unless you plan on folding on that card... (can you fold on the 2900s?) then it's worth it :-)