Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splave.............bout time you get off your ....puter :) and start folding again.

Wish UncleDave and Thraxz would start folding again. :rolleyes: They had some killer SMP rigs running.

Reel your doing good man.............. Now you know what all the fuss was about with the SMP folding clients.

For those that are new to SMP folding. There is a very easy Win SMP client setup without the Linux. :)

Splave.............bout time you get off your ....puter :) and start folding again.

Wish UncleDave and Thraxz would start folding again. :rolleyes: They had some killer SMP rigs running.

Reel your doing good man.............. Now you know what all the fuss was about with the SMP folding clients.

For those that are new to SMP folding. There is a very easy Win SMP client setup without the Linux. :)

Ram MOBO and soon GFX are going out for RMA... I'm sick of the problems with this rig so I'm starting clean slate.

I've got my G0 Q6600 and I have an E4300 that'll be up soon. I'm just sick of dealing with problems right now, sorry for letting you guys down.

EDIT: My computer got shipped to me two weeks ago... NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS SINCE. I could only get it to boot into Windows one in 10 times... I could only get it into BIOS 1 out of 3 and only 1 out of 5 of those times it WOULDN'T hang in BIOS so I could change settings. When I could get it to boot in Windows m&*()^f%^&er would stability test Orthos and OCCt perfectly and even OC mildly. I flashed to the newest BIOS and it didn't do anything.

Then my ram finally failed outright.

Then I could only get my comp to boot if I PHYSICALLY PRESSED THE GFX into the slot at a certain angle in a certain spot.

I'm F&*(ing pissed off at this thing and am RMAing every core component. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

When I go on the stanford site it tells me I have 3 active processors, so does the SMP client make it show up as one CPU vs the running two clients showing up as two CPUs? One of my other rigs dual-boots and folds on each OS, so does it still see that as one CPU? I checked all my config files and they all seem to be setup for my name, just wanna make sure, the Linux client is a bit of a pain to install to certain folders.

Thraxz,

Sorry bout your luck......... but if you wouldn't oc your rigs till the paint melts off the wall maybe they would last. :P We all know you’re a oc wizard. :drool:

All kidding aside, Stanford is handing out some sweet jobs i.e...2653@1760. My rigs are cutting through them like a hot knife through butter and my PPD are stacking up. :) It seems it’s the only job I’ve been pulling the last few days. Now that I’ve said something I will probable stop pull those jobs.

Check out the Stanford Currently Running Projects

When I go on the stanford site it tells me I have 3 active processors, so does the SMP client make it show up as one CPU vs the running two clients showing up as two CPUs? One of my other rigs dual-boots and folds on each OS, so does it still see that as one CPU? I checked all my config files and they all seem to be setup for my name, just wanna make sure, the Linux client is a bit of a pain to install to certain folders.

Using your CPU with a SMP "Symmetric Multi-processing" client will report it as one processor. The use of two or more cores together as a more powerful processor uses greater loads thus you’ll receive more point for your work efforts. The SMP client program controls the processor affinity on the combining of the 2 or more cores.

You may have setup on a x2 CPU before, were you would use task manager to assign the processor affinity to core 0 or 1. This way you could have run two exe assigning which core you wanted in the x2 processor.

Non-SMP folding clients could be setup with multiple exe in different folders locations using a machine specific id to identify them. I guess you could have gone a far as assign the processor affinity per core, but that would be non-persistent on machine reboots. It is also more hassle, less PPD return with just as much processor intensive.

Thraxz,

Sorry bout your luck......... but if you wouldn't oc your rigs till the paint melts off the wall maybe they would last. :P We all know you’re a oc wizard. :drool:

Hehe, I wish. I've not had a good overclock in sometime (not even 3.6Ghz/DDR1000 on water). Which is what upsets me most about all of this. I NEVER OVERVOLTED THE BOARD as I never needed to. The FSB was easily capable of 430FSB on stock MCH and the RAMs heatspreaders peeled back when I had a 80mm fan on them at all times. Folding was just brutal on them and they were defective at the get go.

When I received the sticks, one's HS was peeling slightly off one end. I pressed it down and it stuck and didn't come back up. So I installed it and called it as problem solved. When I pulled it out, two ENTIRE ICs were completely detached and a third and fourth were slightly detached.

• 2 weeks later...