[email protected] Member And Folding Too

shadyone

I am new member of occ seti and folding teams and have completed my first WU can i have my alien head and dna strand please linux :D

Edited by shadyone

[email protected] is automated. You will be given your icon automatically when you complete your first WU, and you are still actively participating, and also when you show up on the OCC [email protected] team list. The automated system is ran twice a day. When it runs, and it finds that you are an active [email protected] member, it will give you your icon :)

Well, I have completed my first WU and I haven't gotten the little icon yet, I don't think. Also, when do I get the little banner thing? I hope I didn't screw something up and I won't show up on the list. My user name here is the same as in folding @ home.

i am noob folding member but it doesn't look like it is doing anything in my window so i am going to uninstall it and reinstall it :(

reinstalled it but it seems to be going really slow. i thought i read this will complete a WU faster than seti

i am having my doubts on that :O

looks like a couple of Stanfords servers are down. here are the words from their site.

7/10/2003 Unplanned power outtage

The power went out on the Stanford campus this evening and we're still dealing with the fall out. Most of FAH is up due to UPSes, but a couple of servers are down. We'll turn off stats updates until we can fix everything tomorrow.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/f...lding/news.html

...reinstalled it but it seems to be going really slow. i thought i read this will complete a WU faster than seti

i am having my doubts on that

i have never join seti so i can't compare the two. what i do know is that depending on what work unit you get, the time it takes to complete can vary greatly. i like how Lantom put it

... 4hrs to 3 days depending on the size of the unit they give you.

and if it is a big wu and you have a slow comp, it could take over a week (or atleast that is how folding is on my Linux Mandrake 9.1 500Mhz celeron comp.)

Edited by Trakfast11

i think i got the biggest WU ever. been working on it for almost anhour and only 21/400 or 5% it says :O:(

can't wait to get my first wu done for folding i now got 2 done for seti. I don't leave my pc on all the time so it takes me a little longer

I've joined OCC's Seti team and I have 45 work units completed and don't have an alien head yet. My username for Seti is the same as what I'm using here. Can I have my head please :rolleyes: