Sign in to follow this  
HombreDeHierro

6800 Gt - spoke too soon (merged)

Just got my system going at stock speeds using the mem timings from Bleeding edge. Only concern I have is my Gigabyte 6800 GT core is running at 56 deg C at idle clean windows xp pro install nothing else running. CPU is at 30 deg C at same time. Wondering if I should have used 2 HD connectors and the adapter that came with the card instead of the one PCI-E connector from my PSU. Any ideas, are these idle temps normal?

Hierro.

yea...although it may seem high, video cards are much different from CPU temperature wise...high temps really dont seem to bother GPU's as much. i hav an X700Pro from sapphire with the cheapest cooler u can imagine. the thign will heat up to 80C in games...hasnt done any damage to the card yet, and i can even manage to OC a bit.

dont worry about it, the temps fine :)

Ok so I loaded the Bios settings I got from BleedinEdge for a San Diego with EL Plat Rev 2 at stock speeds no OC. Everything was grand up to the point where I loaded my Yahoo DSL software, it worked, then went to Windows update it loaded the most current update software, asked for restart, Boom broken, Hangs at Verifiying DMI Pool data Restarts, hangs again asks if I wanna boot into safe mode. boots into safe mode, but won't boot into regular windows. FYI I used the lan port closest to the firewire port, port #1 I believe.

Anyone had a similar experience and if so how did you overcome it?

Hierro

I have a 6800GT clocked at 476/1296(still pushing it farther, no mods) at 35c on water. I'm shocked myself.. high 40's during heavy Unreal 2004 and CS:S, Doom3

This card runs circles around my friends 6800Ultra.. :eek2:

As for your windows thinger, all i can say is windows cd chkdsk /r

could you post the BleedinEdge settings for the san diego?

sorry I can't help with your problem, I'd go for a reinstall of the OS

OK, did a system restore to when I installed my DSL software and windows is back, not sure what happened there, but I seem to have recovered. Btw which lan connector seems to give the best performance?