Quick Various NF4 Questions

Hey guys; been a while since I've been around here. ;)

I have a few quick questions I didn't see in the stickies while reading over them quickly, so here goes:

1. I bet a bunch of people have the OCZ PC4000 VX stuff; work okay on the NF4 Ultra-D? Allow proper 'burn-in' time like with BH5?

2. I've heard that the Ultra-D can be finicky about TCCD. I know that the OCZ EL DDR PC3200 Platinum Edition rev2 is supposed to be okay with it, but the newer modules shipping have TCC5 instead; still okay?

3. Will the stock BIOS shipping on them support Venice & San Diego out-of-the-box?

Well, I think that's all I'm curious about for now. Thanks! :)

1. I heard ppl have been having problems with the OCZ PC4000 VX ... but most seem to be getting it worked out look here

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15247

not sure if it was the memory or the 4v jumper causing problems but he seems to be running better now

2. Im pretty sure I have the new TCC5 chips b/c it as the "new 3-D" decal on the heatspreader, yet i haven't removed the heatspreader to verify ... they work just fine for me. From what i've read the TCC5 chips are bascially identical, which is why OCZ didn't create a new Revison number. I have also seen in some threads that the new chips respond a little better to more voltag (haven't tested myself yet)

3. My BIOS worked fin out of the box ... don't know if that means all will

Cool, thanks willyrybone.

I was doing some investigation and from what I've been reading some of the VX issues seem to be related to using the 5v line or an issue with some of the CPUs' memory controller.

I might just stick with my Kingston Hyper-X BH5 for now (if I upgrade). I've just never tried to burn them in and my Claw can't do 1:1 at 1T (on my s754 system). :(

1. if you have real BH-5 then there is no reason to upgrade

2. the NF4 can be finicky about a lot of things =/

3. 5/10 or later has Venice/San Diego/X2 support. Boot up and flash to 5/10 or later

Think it would be okay to boot-up to at least flash it with a Diego? I unfortunately don't have another 939 to flash it with. :/

I dont have the PC4000 version of VX but yes i do have the PC3200 version.

I changed teh jumper to enable 4V and voila, i was up and running,no issues at all.

I can even run it at 270 @ 2-2-2-8 @ 1T.

Although now i am using it @ 240 1:1

From my experience, i would say, i have had no problems whatsoever with my VX.

Also i had to upgrade my BIOS to 510 series for my Venice to work normally.