Vantec Tornado or Vacuum Cleaner

ive got 4 80mm beasts in my rig...got a sunbeam controller with some 4 pin to 3 pin cables....i like my sunbeam it can actually handle 2 tornadoes(80mm)per channel...for me the controller is best because you can increase or decrease the flow as needed...any other mod is kinda permanent...

My question would be, why buy the tornado if its to loud to use at its rated CFM? Just to say you have it?

Maybe Im just confused =)

just to say I have it? Why is it good or something? :confused:

I bought it because it was the only real 92mm at the site I bought my TT xp90 @ so to save on s/h I got it and I've never purchased an aftermarket h/s without a fan so I had no idea what to get.

and I do use it at full speed when I game but when I'm listening to all the music I steal of limewire :tooth: or surfing the web I don't need it full blast.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to chime in, since I also just bought a Tornado... :D

Yes, the thing is freakin load!!! It sits in my family room, and I can hear it across the hosue in my bedroom with the room closed, and I can hear the booger playing a game, with my headphones on!!

I use to have a refrigeration system hooked up to my CPU and NB on my PIV EE system and that entire contraption was quiter than this little fan. Much better results, too. ;) I never thought a little fan could be so loud.

The thing about this fan though.....it is completly useless unless you have it aimed directly at something. I installed it in a typical fan location, and my temps were almost the same. Then I placed it directly over the CPU, PWMICs, and chipset, and checkout my results. I also had it directly under my 6800, and load temps dropped over 10C.

I've read of people connecting it to a controller, quieting it down a tramendous amount, and still seeing incredible results.

These temps were with F@H running.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1805&stc=1