Digital Multimeter Advice

Shinobi

Was looking around for a DMM while in town today and came across a Skytronic 600.006 DMM for £7...

Now i know its not gonna be the best DMM out there for that price but i just want something that will have a reasonable accuracy, and is better than the onboard sensors... Any thoughts on it? I'm not that well up on DMM's so any opinions are appreciated :)

Well the specs seem ok.

.5% is not bad on the DC Voltage variation.

Without spending alot of money I would say that one would suit your needs fine.

Tmod

better than the onboard sensors... Any thoughts on it? I'm not that well up on DMM's so any opinions are appreciated :)
hey shin ...

I think spit on the end of your finger would read more accruately than DFI's sensors...

per your meter ... you could spend more, but that sounds fine. I would suggest, though, that you build up a data base of known readings of what you might consider known or stable sources ... that is, sources where you have an independent measurement. Since you're probably going to use it to read Vs @ your board, do it now and write down the BIOS V readings and your meter V readings for any board/PSU you can lay your hands on ... that way, when things go all dark and stormy, you have some history of readings to refer to as well as some other reading you can use to revalidate the meter.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated :)

I was just a bit wary with it being so cheap. I'll go for it and see how it goes, do various tests and see what i think. Its only £7 so can't really go wrong at that price...