2.1 And Hi-fi

ErwinRommel

There's a chance that I'm gonna get a new PC soon I wanted to ask if somebody knew if it's possible to create a surround (4.1) sound system by pluging a 2.1 set and a mini hi-fi system (through the AUX ports) to a soundcard (apparently one of these: Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo III 7.1 or Hercules Digifire Dolby Digital eX 7.1)??? This sounds a bit weird but this would be the best solution for me...

i definetly think it is possible. It would be just like playing a stereo recordning on a surround sound system, you wouldnt have 5.1 real channels, but the processor would split it up to work that said amount of channels.

I see... There's one more thing- the speakers are connected to the hi-fi main part with an 8m lenght cables each. Would this cause any sound delay or any other problems if the PC speakers would be connected to the sound card with approximately 1-2m cables? And what cables and adapters should I use to connect the hi-fi to the sound card? I recon that the AUX sockets of the hi-fi are RCA(f), but I not quite sure 'cause I don't know much about that kinda stuff...