venice core voltages

What are the best voltages to stick around when overclocking a64 with venice core? Around 1.6-1.7v? I have air cooling, Zalman CNPS7700Cu and currently i'm trying to get it stable with 1.475v * 110% at 250 - 260 fsb, cpu multi 10x... is that at least near to normal? :)

id never go over 1.65v on air, and probably never over 1.75v on water...with phase-change...who knows

a Venice SHOULD do up to 2750Mhz @ 1.575v - 1.600v...too much voltage is just as bad as not enough voltage (cept not enough voltage wont kill your cpu)

try 1.300v + 126% (also look in the Overclocking Database - 939 thread for what others are using for voltages)

hm :... isn't -3 version of bios for BH-5? Hm...ok i'll flash to -2. Should I use BIOS version 5/10 or 6/18? Is dual chan supported on dimm1 and dim3 in 5/10 bios? I've read somewhere that dimm1 and 3 are better for high voltages than dimm2 and dimm4... is that true?

Guest burningrave101
P.S. My OCZ BH-5 doesn't like higher voltage either.

You sure you just dont need to burn your RAM in so it gets used to more voltage? Usually BH-5 style memory will use as much voltage as you can possibly give it.

It was burnt in at 3.2V for many days. I am not sure if it needs burn-in at a higher voltage range. I got errors (prime and occt etc.) for the same settings at higher voltage.

yeah my bh-5 hated high voltage too. hoping that time will improve the ram/burnin.

I find that venice doesn't like the higher voltages so try 1.55 until you max out.

yeah my bh-5 hated high voltage too. hoping that time will improve the ram/burnin.

I find that venice doesn't like the higher voltages so try 1.55 until you max out.

At 1.55V, my Venice 3000+ (0519) can do 295Mhz x 9 maximum (but not remarkably stable). I am happy with 280Mhz x 9. My strategy is to maximize the CPU Mhz and use multiplier for the RAM. My OCZ Gold BH-5 can handle 230HTT at 3.1-3.2V.