Urgent Help Needed

I just installed my new motherboard,and have all of the components in the computer. When I try and boot the computer I hear 4 beeps, first a slightly longer one, and then 3 short beeps. Also no picture comes up on my monitor. Could my graphics card somehow have been fried in the process of putting my computer together? Is there any chance that my mobo could be defective? Thanks.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an asus A7V8X-X... I looked in the manual and I can't find anything on beeps. Is there some "special" term for the beeps other than beeps? lol I've never had a problem like this where I can't get any picture to come up.

Actually I was thinking about trying that... I think what I am going to do is try one of my friends graphics cards in there and see if it works. My monitor says "Check Signal Cable" which means that it isn't getting a signal from the graphics card. I sure hope it isn't fried... :angry:

i had a similar problem, do you fans keep on spining? Try taking out the mobo and making sure that it is not shorted out, (metal touching the mobo), then reseat the ram and video, and then make sure your cpu is in ok. my problem was that the copper shim for the cpu was in upside-down

good luck

I don't see any burnt spots on the mobo... like I said it sounds like it runs perfectly, all the case fans spin, then fan controllers work, CD drives work all the light come on (except the reset switch doesn't seem to work :angry: ). My only guess is that either my motherboard came defective, or my graphics card is fried.

An idea just popped into my head... could somehow just the motherboard touching the side of my case(not while turned on) have shorted it out? Cause when I was installing it I accidentally bumped on the side of my case (not very hard though).