Corsair suggestions?

Just buy OCZ RAM.

I have horrible problems with that same RAM and ended up with Corsair saying 2T or nothing to me - BTW @ 2T it may be stable in Windows.

So I bought OCZ PC5000 EL and am now as happy as I've ever been with this board/RAM combo.

Although touchinfinity seems to have had luck with his new RMA'd RAM. See here

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only good luck I have had with Corsair memory on the DFI NF3/NF4 boards is my old XMS rev1.1 BH-5 (real, 3-year old BH-5)

I've got 2x512MB of Infinity's 4400C2 Corsair to test, but have not had a chance to even do anything but keep moving the modules off to the side...I'll get to testing them soon enough.

Ive had plenty of Corsair VALUE come through my hands, and not a single stick worked in our NF4

i've got some XMS platinum stuff sitting over there (one is CAS3 and the other is CAS2) and neither of them work correctly in the DFI NF4 boards either.

I have a feeling the only reason the 3 year old BH-5 i have works is...because it is real BH-5 ;)

After trying 2 lots of 3200XL and 3 lots of 4400 (kept getting it RMAd), finally got some 4400 that works perfectly at stock timings - 1t, bank interleave etc.

If you are reluctant to lose the money you spent, I'd just keep RMAing it until you find a pair that work. Eventually you will ....

Paul.

Well I am really, REALLY tired of messing with this computer. I think I'll just get some OCZ and ebay the corsair. I am a bit worried though, since I tried a stick of 512 kingmax and it had the same problems as the corsair...

I guess one thing I'd like to know before I go and spend more money is, does anyone know of a way of veryifying that this problem IS an incompatibility between my RAM and the DFI board?

It seems very odd that it can run memtest with no problems, but immediatly runs into trouble when running windows.

Also something I noticed with that link is that it says my RAM is the following:

Corsair XMS-PC4400 (3-4-4-8): Hynix D5

However the Anandtech review I read claims they are TCCD... which is wrong?

Edit: Just looked at the bioses again... and Hynix isn't mentioned. Does Hynix = TCCD? So I should get a -1 bios?

I can't recommend the 4400C25 - stable till 220MHz... pretty crappy since they should do 275MHz. I'm still waiting for the replacement (shipping fee: 38€/45$), but I have a bad feeling, it won't change a thing. Very frustrating. :(

Well I've ordered the dual channel 2gb OCZ sticks (the nicer version with the tight timings). So we'll see how well that does. At least I can convince myself this is an "upgrade" and not just throwing money away:/

So since those are on the way I've taken out one of the RAM sticks and am only running one (to avoid frying both) and am just jacking up the voltage to see how stable I can get it that way. It appears so far that it may actually work, and that voltage is the primary thing affecting stability. If it works out maybe I'll just return the OCZ.

I'm at 3.5v now :0 Every time I jack it up it gets more stable. At 3.4 it ran for some time in super PI before getting a rounding error.

tomorrow when i get the 3200 2x1024 OCZ sticks (Infineon chips @ 2-3-5-2) and get to testing them, I will start a new thread just for 2x1024MB kits and we can all compare notes and maybe suggest them for those that are ready to move up to 2GB of RAM