2x 1024? Suggestions?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

run the custom and only change the memory allocation for each core (look in the top stickies). It will run 8k to 4096k tests for 15m at a time i think...it really stresses these babies out (but heat is not an issue with me and especially not for you!)

btw, here is my Winchester 3200+ 2x1024 overclock...the winnie's mem controller sucks pretty bad, but 220x10 is decent enough i suppose...no dividers will work with 2x1024 on a winnie for me

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...29&postcount=23

I have the same memory on my X2 4400+ cranking out F@H work units...I've already done all the DB screenshots i just have not had time to enter them yet, but I will soon!

ehh you could only get your ballistix 3fsb past 250???????????????????????? That review does zero justice to those sticks, considering every pair of tracer/ballstix ive seen does 270+

The settings were identical for each memory stick as I reloaded each time for each pair. The test consistented of me manually setting the few timings with auto to the rest. I even tested each memory stick individually and with auto at all settings (even looser timings). I tested that pair of memory more than the rest and the results were always the same. I was as surprised as you were at their poor performance, it was like they hit a brick wall at 250 MHz. I didn't try manipulating every single parameter that the DFI has to offer, but I don't think an end user should have to do a lot of manipulation to get it to run at stock speeds. I don't think it is outside the relm of possiblity that I just got a bad pair of memory, or there is a parameter that Crucial disliked but the other memory sticks were just fine.

Dont understand how you could only get 250mhz from em. Doubt the sticks are to blame, but the tester.

*cough* http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...62&page=1&pp=25

how nice of you to assume that. this guy went through a lot of trouble and bothered to share his findings with us. though you definitely don't have to agree 100% with him, it's not very polite to say he doesn't know what he's doing. it's not very difficult to OC them IF they can do it.

re-edit: nevermind, i'm confused. anyway, ballastix are only binned to run stable at FSB250. they are not guaranteed to run higher. maybe he got some crucial value in ballistix clothing?!