Sign in to follow this  
RahulM

Formatting PC, please tell me if these are the latest/best drivers whe

Here's the DFI page:

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/dri..._FLAG=A&SITE=US

Which of these concern me?

I previously installed the 5.10 unified drivers from Nvidia, but those aren't even in the list. If I install the 6.53 chipset drivers, would it include everything like the sound and ethernet?

Thanks guys, and sorry for the n00bishness.

Just FYI, but the person who built my PC (from microbytes) specified I get the unified drivers, I have no idea why, they seem to have the same things as the standalone 6.53 nforce4 drivers.

Guest burningrave101

Install the latest chipset drivers on nVidia's site which are the 6.53.

Ok, thank you. I see that DFI has listed the realtek audio drivers separately, I won't need to install those since the 6.53 drivers have audio included, right?

Also, do you recommend I flash my bios? If yes, is this a risky process? Where could I find the latest version?

Guest burningrave101

Install the nVidia provided audio drivers in the 6.53 chipset package. Thats all you need.

I would make sure you have flashed to at least the official 310 BIOS from DFI and then you might consider trying out the 510 and 618 BIOS versions if you have any problems or if you just want to see if you get better stability or performance. WinFlash is the easiest way to flash the BIOS because you can do it in windows. Download WinFlash and flash the BIOS that way. Make sure your system is running at stock speeds and not overclocked when you do it though.