Sign in to follow this  
mnemonik23

2GB PC4000 Crucial Ballistix - post your settings

Well even though everyone looks happy, I am still going to set that motherboard up in the lab and run some tests for you all. May take some time.

That would be much appreciated! :)

I for one am having a b*tch of a time getting mine going. I'm on day 3 now, on my 3rd bios so far, and even at stock settings (250-3-4-4-8-1T), Memtest always eventually errors out or just freezes up. Today I came home from work to see it froze up after 10 hours, this was with the 704-1 bios. :( That's actually the best luck I've had so far. I'm gonna bump up the voltage to 2.7 to see if it helps, but somehow I doubt it.

I am really wondering if any of my problem is due to the 'extra' ram timings (which I am afraid of, I might add). I have not changed any of them for the most part, and when I have, I've only set them to 'auto' to see if it helps and it hasn't.

So any expertise or advice would be appreciated, especially bios recommendations. I'm using an X2 Toledo btw.

That would be much appreciated! :)

I for one am having a b*tch of a time getting mine going. I'm on day 3 now, on my 3rd bios so far, and even at stock settings (250-3-4-4-8-1T), Memtest always eventually errors out or just freezes up. Today I came home from work to see it froze up after 10 hours, this was with the 704-1 bios. :( That's actually the best luck I've had so far. I'm gonna bump up the voltage to 2.7 to see if it helps, but somehow I doubt it.

I am really wondering if any of my problem is due to the 'extra' ram timings (which I am afraid of, I might add). I have not changed any of them for the most part, and when I have, I've only set them to 'auto' to see if it helps and it hasn't.

So any expertise or advice would be appreciated, especially bios recommendations. I'm using an X2 Toledo btw.

Good advice here on the x2 chips: http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88699

Try 704-3 bios and load optimized defaults. after that do not touch timings. Set everything like you normaly would but do not touch timings. ive been able to hit 275 stable doin it that way. stuff is rated for 2.8v so give it that. mine auto's at 3-3-3-8. ive read where 3-3-3-8 has worked where 3-4-4-8 wouldnt even post.

After further testing, my ballistix likes 2.6v alot better than the rated 2.8v. i get 0 memtest errors with 2.6v and about 1-2 errors per pass test 5 with 2.8v. 2.6v works all the way up to 280 HTT for me.

That sounds familar. Some board/ram combos seem to like one voltage setting better than another. I am going to have to look at these sticks for my friends new build!

Sam

After further testing, my ballistix likes 2.6v alot better than the rated 2.8v. i get 0 memtest errors with 2.6v and about 1-2 errors per pass test 5 with 2.8v. 2.6v works all the way up to 280 HTT for me.

Nugzo, quite impressive results! Have you tested either prime95, OCCT or 3dmark stability yet....also could you provide a link to any US store like newegg, zipzoomfly, etc. that is selling the exact dimms you are using.

Thanks!

BD24

Nugzo, quite impressive results! Have you tested either prime95, OCCT or 3dmark stability yet....also could you provide a link to any US store like newegg, zipzoomfly, etc. that is selling the exact dimms you are using.

I am completely stable at 275. memtest stable at 280 but not yet prime95 or super pi 32m stable at 280. havent had time to adjust timings yet for stability at 280, workin on it as we speak. http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/3574/2752ck.jpg

link to newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820146029

Well even though everyone looks happy, I am still going to set that motherboard up in the lab and run some tests for you all. May take some time.

Hows that coming along? I'd be very interested in this. For one, I just recieved my new order from Crucial of the Ballistix Tracer PC4000 2 gig kit, and cannot run it in either the orange or yellow slots without errors in memtest. Even at stock settings i.e. 200 HTT or 250 HTT with default mem timings. While my 2x512 1 gig kit runs just about perfect at any setting. I've invested alot jack in Crucial ram based on how well my first 1 gig kit has performed, I'd hate to really be let down by my new 2 gig kit, seeing as how it costs alot more than even Corsair.

Hows that coming along? I'd be very interested in this. For one, I just recieved my new order from Crucial of the Ballistix Tracer PC4000 2 gig kit, and cannot run it in either the orange or yellow slots without errors in memtest. Even at stock settings i.e. 200 HTT or 250 HTT with default mem timings. While my 2x512 1 gig kit runs just about perfect at any setting. I've invested alot jack in Crucial ram based on how well my first 1 gig kit has performed, I'd hate to really be let down by my new 2 gig kit, seeing as how it costs alot more than even Corsair.

I for one had to RMA my first 2 gig kit... maybe you got a faulty one as well?

Also, with my second kit, the only way to avoid MemTest errors is with 3-3-3-8-1T timings, instead of 3-4-4-8. That's using the 7-04-3 bios.