2GB PC4000 Crucial Ballistix - post your settings

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at my settings in the overclocking database. o.k. they aren't GB sticks, but it's the same micron memory.

With BF2 demmanding 2GB; I forsee a lot more posts on this subject.

As ever; get a sig together to tell us where you're at, which Bios, which processor etc. etc.

Have a look at my settings in the overclocking database. o.k. they aren't GB sticks, but it's the same micron memory.

With BF2 demmanding 2GB; I forsee a lot more posts on this subject.

As ever; get a sig together to tell us where you're at, which Bios, which processor etc. etc.

Tried them - no luck - bunch of errors right after memtest starts...

Here is a lab system:

DFI LanPart NF4 SLI-D

AMD Athlon64 3800+

2x1GB Ballistix PC4000

Western Digital HD

Crucial Radeon 800XT 256MB

Timings: 3-4-4-8

Voltages: 2.8v

250MHz FSB

Fluctuate your voltages to see if the errors go away in memtest. Just because we say 2.8v your system may work better at 2.9v or 2.7v.

I hope this helps.

lol hey Labs...how about posting your ENTIRE DRAM timings for these guys ;)

these A64 NF4 DFI boards are just not like our Intel setups that only have 5 memory timings to fool with ;)

ps always give your bios version too so people know which one you are using ;)

lol hey Labs...how about posting your ENTIRE DRAM timings for these guys ;)

these A64 NF4 DFI boards are just not like our Intel setups that only have 5 memory timings to fool with ;)

ps always give your bios version too so people know which one you are using ;)

Yes that would be nice... I just got my setup bench testing tonight (see sig) for the first time.... I've been searching all over the place but am having a hard time finding detailed timings for my ram.

One thing I think I've discovered is that the rated timings are at 2T instead of 1T (based on my initial MemTesting)... is that right? CrucialTech... some more detailed info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Oh btw I'm trying the 7.4.05 bios #3.

Hmm, well to be as complete as possible we have never delt with any more of the timings then those 4. I realize there are about 16 different settings you can change but we only recommend change the 4 I mentioned. Now don't get all flustered, we test memory in our lab for functionality at the timings and voltages we say the memory will work at. Above and beyond that is up to you all. Do the other settings make a difference? Well from everything I have read, not really. I might also suggest swapping the memory out, you could have a mismatched set which could also be causing those issue.

Yes, I know Angry this may not be the answer you were looking for but it is all I have right now. I will do some research and see if I can find the other timings. Hehe, BTW I was not in the lab when I wrote this so I did not have access to the BIOS rev. Will post in a bit.

1T is where the memory should run at.

I recieved my crucial ballistix tracer yesterday, pleased so far. here is a screenshot of my settings and some benchmarking. Hope this helps! bios 704-3

Which slots are you using for your ram? Yellow or Orange?

I can get to 247x11 without issue, but 250 and higher the system craps out. I may have to try your settings since we have similar setups.