Sign in to follow this  
7sudden

Overclocking Suggestions

Okay,

Thanks to some helpful resources on here, im up and running with my new San Diego rig.

(78,000 on Aquamark, first try at stock speeds) :nod:

Now for the fun.

Im ready to begin overclocking. Any suggestions from experienced users would be very appreciated. I have no experience with A64s, and the BIOS on my NF4 Ultra-D is intimidating to say the least.

What specific settings should I start tweaking? Also, what about voltage, etc?

Thanks for anyone taking the time to read this

Yo welcome to the forums... I would say you can probably figure it out ... and yes there are a lot of settings in the BIOS so it will deffinately be helpfull to find some "base" settings that work for you. Easiest way to do this would be to look into the OC Database forum and go through the socket 939 thread ... Look for someone with a similar setup. The same type of ram chips will be most important, that way you can just steal their DRAM settings. Alot of ppl use the OCZ plat. Rev. 2's, which had TCCD chips and now TCC5, which are almos i dentical soo those settings will probably work

this should give you a place to start. Also you can check out the BIOS Memory Guide Sticky in the AMD64 forum ... It has a lot of info about what each setting does and makes suggestions like "start a 15 and work you way down". It will also tell what settings will have the most effect on stabiltys/performance

Thanks again for your suggestions. It looks like i'm running stable at 305HTT x9.5, with my Sandy 4000+ -TCCD is also doing great at 2.5-3-4-6, 2.7v

-I think that this will be the max for me. Interestingly, my SP-90 keeps the processor running at 39C idle and 42C load.

Overall, im happy.

Cheers.

From my experience it is not good to use the .5 multipliers. Messes with the memory. Use 9 or 10, but not 9.5

Your mem isnt at 305 when you use the half multi. Its a bug. Half multi will be CPU : rounded multi, so yours will be 10.

9,5 * 305 = 2897 : 10 = 289; your actual mem speed