Sign in to follow this  
thriceaddict

Boot Video Failure

Hi,

So a couple days ago, my computer started to randomly restart. I ddecided to take a ram stick out and put it in another slot and it worked, the computer stoped randomly restarting. Now a couple of days passed and out of no where when I start up my computer, it turns on, doesnt show me anything on the boot screen, just black until like 2 minutes later, my screen decides to turn on and the picture on screen is stretched. I dont understand whats wrong. Im guessing it might be the motherboard thats giving out a wrong distribution of power.

Thanks,

Thriceaddict

btw I am running windows x64.

I just trashed a moniter today that was doing the same thing. Try repeatedly to turn off the power button on the front of it while the computer is running and then turn it back on. Mine would show a normal screen for a split second when you turned it back on and then expand and streach right of view. Sometimes if I kept restarting the moniter it would finially stay on, but I replaced it now and haven`t had any more problems like that.

well i decided to try taking out the video car and the cvga cable and putting them back in. When I started up the computer, the screen was screwed up for a minute and then went to normal. You think its my screen huh?

Mine wouldn`t come back on once it streached out of view, I was then forced to restart it to get the screen back.

Do you have another moniter anywhere around to swap out to do some quick testing.

I could prob scrap one from somewhere, the thing is though that the screen is back to normal, wehn it screws up again, then ill try and swith out monitors, if not then i think it might be the mobo.

Thanks