SLI-DR just shuts down

It started a couple weeks ago just randomly shutting down, it kinda went away for a bit, not it`s back with a vengence. Normally the thing is rock solid and a very fast platform. Sometimes it`ll not do it at all for days, sometimes a couple times a day, then like today, I can`t get it to boot at all. Cold it will boot into windows and all is fine and then out of the blue, under load or not, it just shuts off. The Vapo will see the power supply signal drop and signal to reboot the MB. It`ll reboot and run a bit and then shut down again, each time shuting down quicker and quicker to the point it won`t even get to the BIOS screen. As soon as the LED lights go through their thing and it gets down to the last LED, you hear a beep and it shuts down. I have tryed other power supplies, other power supply cables, wiring it without the Vapochill to eliminate that as the cause. I did a search but couldn`t find anything......anyone have any ideas??

try coming down off that overclock a bit and (or back to stock speeds) and see if anything changes. Could be cpu, could be psu, could be any number of things.

overclocking can have consequences...most of the time we overclock to a stable spot and benchmark, then come down off it a bit as its too stressful on the components to run it balls-out 24/7/365

That is my safe speed. Actually it runs out alot faster and I bench at a higher speed then that. But, this does the shut down thing even at stock settings, I`m sorry, I should have said that in the first post. My bad.

• 2 months later...

Mine just started doing that crap too, it would boot fine, run all my games. but the other day i went home and hit the power, it booted to windows then it just turns off. it will go though the led's, down to one then just shut off like i pulled the power cord. I don't se why it would suddenly do that. have you came up with anything to help you. I haven't yet tried to move my xl800 to the 2nd pci slot.

• 2 weeks later...

Rukee,

I have almost the same rig as you. I was running 4x OCZ Pc5000 512MB EL Dual CH Platinum sticks. A few days ago, I started having hard reboots no matter what I did. I spent about 4 hours doing the same steps you did, and it turned out to be my memory. Try to go stock speeds, and use your memory 1 stick at a time, if they both do the same thing, try to pick up a stick of memory from somewhere just for testing. I had a spare PNY3200 stick from my backup computer which helped me isolate the problem. and now I have 2 sticks of my old memory to send back to OCZ for the Lifetime warranty :O) Hope this helps