Overclocking Help

Ok im trying to overclock me 2500. i get it up to 2800+ i rasied the vcore alot and still the os crashes. anyone gots any idea?

what did your vcore need to be at when you were stable at 12.5x and 166Mhz?

also if you happened to have checked what stepping your processor is, that could be helpful info. the first batches of the 2500+ were mainly luck of the draw as far as overclockability was concerned.

Ok im trying to overclock me 2500. i get it up to 2800+ i rasied the vcore alot and still the os crashes. anyone gots any idea?

i can oc from 2500+ to 3200+(11*200),the vcore at 1.65V

Why don't you up your FSB instead of your multiplier? You do have PC3200, why not make use of that bandwidth? I'm running 204*11 on a volcano 11, temp at load is 40 celsius.

Sometimes motherboards have memory ratios that can help better manage your memory speed. That might help make things a lil' more stable.

Also like it was siad before. I would have to recomend that you tweak your FSB insteead of you multiplier. Even though AMD chips are able to tweak multipliers you might be able to get a more stable overclock if you tweak FSB.

Good luck to ya

what pc3200 ram you got.. find out its recomended settings and also set your ram timing at 100% with the cpu (could be your problem).. my first suggestion for an o/c is multi 11 and push your fsb and shoot for 200. you have got the ram and motherboard to support 200fsb so forget about your multi for now..

also if your board is not version 2.0 (next to name on board) then you might need to flash your bios for 200fsb support.

Edited by C0DE