A7n8x & Sound

1) how is the on board sound on the A7N8X DELUXE board? i have an audigy on my old pc and 4.1 speakers hooked up to it. should i put the audigy in my new pc or just hook up the 4.1 speakers to my onboard sound?

2) also, ideally i'd like to run my sound like this:

i use a headset very often on my pc so it woudl be great if i could just plug the mic/headphones into the jacks on the front of my case. is it possible to have my 4.1 speakers hooked up to my pc and then plug in my mic/headphones in the front whenever i want to play a game w/out unplugging my 4.1 speakers? (obviously the sound would only have to come out of my headphones)

if any of my two questions are confusing please let me know...

Edited by kup22r

i love the onboard audio on the a7n8x deluxe also. anyway you would use something like this heres a pic to help you out

you would just plug this into the stereo jack and then plug the headphones and the speakers into them. Of course if you have the audio port hooked up in the front of your computer, you could still use both at the same time.

274-894.jpg

Edited by andrusk

• 1 month later...

there is a option in the wizard were you can say that u use line-in as line-out for rear speakers

this way u can put your headset in mic -in and line-out

now if u want to use 6-chan. choose 6 speakers in soundstorm settings and if u use headset choose that in de settings and your 6 spreakers will not be playing sound

and i love onboard sound

soundstorm is great it has its own apu

so it won't kill you cpu like ac97

I use the onboard sound as well. I only have 2 speakers no sub though. But i was wondering something....I have one of those headsets with the microphones...you know, like what one would use for counterstrike. Anyhow, is there a way to have my speakers plugged in AND have the headset plugged in with microphone capability at the same time? My speakers have a headphone jack on them, but then I couldn't use the microphone cause the plug wouldn't reach. I tried to make believe i had a four speaker set and set it up as if i had one, but that didn't produce sound correctly. Any ideas?

i bought the a7n8x deluxe because of the soundstorm and the digital coax output.

i use it with my logitech z-680's and it sounds phenomenal. on top of that i use the front ports on my case for my headset, and the best part is that i can use both at the same time, analog and digital. i highly suggest getting a set of speakers that utilize the digital coax plug on the mobo, so you can use soundstorm to its full potential.

if not, you can always get a splitter for your analog speakers. either way it sounds excellent.