• Other
    • I voted for more than one.

Guest Halvis

Xp Pro, Xp 64 Pro, 2000 Pro?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit of a personal choice issue. For the greatest compatibility you have to go with XP Pro unless you have a specific application that requires something else.

Xp Pro, Xp 64 Pro, 2000 Pro?

XP pro 32 bit works great for me but x64 bit xp professional works great also and is my personal favorite. I know there isn't much that' on 64 bit yet but it seems to run 32 bit stuff fine and I very much enjoy the 64 bit things like Java, .NET, Internet Explorer, Far Cry, etc.

I use Win2k Pro cuz is it's what I've got and what I paid for...I've installed and played with XP pro a few times but haven't spent enough time with it to tell ya anymore than it "looks pretty".......up until I totally change it around to look like what I'm most comfortable with using, Win2k ;)

XP Pro and XP x64 work for me best - dual booting most of the time, but I use x64 less as driver support is still lacking for some of my hardware *looks @ Matrix Orbital*

---dens

I haven't loaded Win2K3 Server on an nF3 or nF4 board yet. I leave the server stuff to server boards for the most part. I might do it just for the exercise though. You never know what will pop up when you try something.

I did try to install Win98 on Erzebet but that was a bust. The OS never loaded after the installation.

not on poll. win2k3.

Guest Halvis

OK, I was just curious. I have 2000 pro, and XP pro and they both seem to be pretty stable and crash free. Other than faster start up and a wee bit more user friendly, I cant tell much difference between them. Since this will be my first 64 bit build, I was just wondering if there were any noticable benefits to XP 64. I suppose that there will be, when more apps & drivers show up.