Sign in to follow this  
Freeballer

Building the hottest comp. with best new parts.

No one has still told me why the Lanparty SLI-DR is better than the Lanparty UT SLI-DR. As for RAM, OCZ seems to be getting the most hype, so if it stays that way when im ready to buy, thats what ill get.

Oh, and Protagonist, thanks for the link...i dont know how i forgot that place, ive been lookin there alot the past few days.

And XGuy, very nice custom job, i was planning on doing something kinda like that eventually, but if i do i doubt it will be that good. One word: DAMN

Thanks for the help you all, keep it coming!

THE UT SLI-DR DOES NOT COME WITH FRONT-X, WIRE SLEEVING, AND OTHER COOL STUFF

THE SLI-DR (NON UT) DOES COME WITH FRONT-X, WIRE SLEEVING, AND THE OTHER COOL STUFF :)

Tom

All together, ive priced this thing at around 5 grand tops with all the goodies like the phase change cooler and what not. I'm not sure ill have this by October like i wanted but I will have this beast!

Oh, and would anyone mind loaning me 5 grand?

PSU you gotta get the PC power and COOl or whateve,r they are the undisputed kings.

Now with hardrives, Get the hitachi SATA 2, they outpeform the WD raptors by a fair bit and only running at 7200rpm <--- trust me on this, i am a hands down WD fan, but these hitachis rule and you get much more data per dollar.

you can also get 4gigs of OCZ platinum 4800 RAM, bloody the guy who sold the ram to me said that my only other choice would be balistixx, then 2 days after i bought the ram on his website he had these cl2.5 DDR600 capable ram from OCZ, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!, now im stuck with stupid handicapped overpriced ram. Im going to see if they will accept a swap when i return these for 4800 when its available.

there is often various types of setups that are not overall better or worse but may be better at some thing than others. This is one of the greatest parts about IBM PC compatible is that you can have a cheap computer or an expensive one, one that specializes in one thing or another.

Choosing lots of ram and a X2 over 1GB for fasting timings and a FX57 is going after performance of another kind. In the case of the smaller amounts of ram and the FX57 typically feels to me to be aimed at scoring high in single thread synthetic benchmarks. In real world application performance an X2 teamed up with 2gb of ram will most likely be optimum.