Sign in to follow this  
Freeballer

Building the hottest comp. with best new parts.

Why don't you buy a Lanparty SLI-DR instead of a Lanparty UT SLI-DR when you are spending this much money?

How is that Lanparty SLI-DR better than the UT SLI-DR? What major perks would there be to draw me to it?

Ive pretty much settled on the black CM Stacker with all its goodies and the PCP&C 850W PSU with a smaller backup possibly. As for a sounds card, there was an add for Audigy in the book for BF2 (which is uber-hot might I add!) and I think that would suit me just fine.

you are a gamer then I would recommend the fx still over the x2....it is still the king, unless you are burning a disc and encoding a movie while you play games.

I do know that hard-lined stats prove the FX-55/57 to "outperform" the X2 4800+, but I'm looking for long term. With levels of performance and detail that high with processors on current games, you really won't tell a difference unless you have a stat program running concurrent with it just to prove a point. I do usually listen to music while i play games so there...one not so great reason to get the X2. I really just don't want to have to dish out for a dual-core to suit the multi-threaded games when they come out in force. I'd like to high end the single threaded games and be well prepared for the multi-threaded games to come. It looks like this time next year there may be some aforementioned games coming to us.

Now...with this setup, how would 2GB of OCZ sound? And which type(s) are good for moderate to advanced oc'ing? If i do get a side viewing panel on the Stacker than i will either get some LED covers for the OCZ or go ahead and get the Balistix Tracers, which are supposed to be very nice.

For hard drives, i was thinking about using the 3 to 4 convertor that comes with the Stacker and putting the 80Gb 7200rpm Hitatchi drives in with a extremely custom moded hard drive cooler made from a few i found here and there. I was also going to put watercooling in, and i did find some awesome (though extremely expensive cooling alternative while parausing the net...Extreme Cooling Solutions , you have to check this out!)

Thats all i can think of for the moment, but as of Monday, ill know if i got my promotion, and therefor the means to start purchasing this uber-beast. Again, thank you all for you input and keep the ideas coming until its bought!

You get a FrontX and wire sleeving with Lanparty SLI-DR. You also get a thing that is made for transporting the computer, but I think Stacker is too big for it.

Whoa, that's a mighty expensive cooler there, lol.

I would say get the x2 AMD.

Also agree with the Lanparty SLI-DR thing.

Sound card, X-fi if they come out anytime soon, otherwise Audigy 4 Pro.

For the ram 2gb is in fact more than you need, but if you have money to blow there's no harm in having 2gb. Especially if you will be running a lot of backround apps and other programs while gaming or whatever with the dual cores you might use a lot more ram, so 2gb I think would be good for you.

I would get two sets of these puppies :dog: :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820231015

They are already rated for a 300mhz HTT so you should be able to get some massive overclocks on these puppies :dog: .

For cooling stick a bunch of these puppies :dog: all over the ram:

http://www.xoxide.com/ramsink1.html

Then if you want a little extra cooling and some weird lights you could try these:

http://www.xoxide.com/supertalent.html

That doesn't go on the ram it just hangs over the ram and blows across it.

if money is no object get a vapochill or a mach 2 gt phase change cooling for youre cpu..keep it nice and frosty like 15 below...and if you want a one stop shop for alot of your accesories try frozencpu.com youll love it...all kinds of goodies for you there...this is what i would do

lian li 65bvapochill ready. $200 (professional cable job add $200 more)

vapochill ls $889

pcp&p 510 turbo sli uv reactive sleeving $340(the 850 wont fit in the case)

1 gig g.skill 4400le or 4800 $245 to $275

amd 4800 x2 $1,100

2x7800ultra 512 mb(may have to wait 2 to 3 mos.)in excess of $1500

exos II or zalman reserator for the video cards $600 more or less(incl. video card setup,fluid etc)

4x74gig wd raptors raid 0(they still rock)$750

audigy 4 or wait for x-fi ?200?

replace all fans in the case with some 80mm sun ons and hook them up to either a hardcano13 get all fan cables custom measured and uv sleeved $160

plextor dvd $150

dual cold cathode kit $25

uv reactive sata,ide,floppy cables $20

add mouse,keyboard,7.1 klipsch speakers, 21 lcd, include shipping and taxes and kiss 8grand good bye

If I had an unlimited budget towards a computer, I would go the Opteron route and get 2x Opteron 275's, Tyan K8WE, 4x512MB Low-Latency PC3200, 2x7800Ultra, PC Power and Cooling 850 SLI, Lian Li PC-V2000A E-ATX Full Tower, ect. (I dunno people help me out with this dream system). :)

I still don't quite get why the Lanparty SLI-DR is better than the Lanparty UT SLI-DR. I've settled on getting the CM Stacker for a case with 600w semi-silent PSU for power until i move on up to the PC Power and Cooling 850 SLI. I'm almost set that the X2 4800+ would last me in the long run, with 2GB or either G.Skill, Corsair, Crucial, or OCZ for RAM. Keyboard and mouse are set for now. Two 7800 GTX's in SLI, along with med/heavy OC'ing to the whole system. Will start off with a nice assortment of fans throughout including upgraded RAM and processor heatsinks. I will Eventually upgrade to water cooling of some kind once the case is all put together and i know how much room i have to spare here and there. I may have to make my own kit to compensate for other custom work i plan on doing to the case. Audigy4 sounds like a winner to me for sound! 80mm fans on the front with 2x120mm fans on the back with the custom fan that comes with the Stacker should be good until i start the OC'ing and toss in the two 7800's. Then ill get RAM coolers and GPU coolers for that. Ill come back here for a pro. how-to on my type of OC'ing once i get the parts. I should start buying them starting this coming Friday once i get my promotion or not...thanks again for all the tips and keep em coming!

Don't forget the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra's to make this an ultimo rig :D . I own a set of these myself and the sound is absolutely superb! Can't say enough good things about these speakers (except they may piss off your neighbors ;) )

Actually, i was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get the whole CM Stacker package. I see alot of places that have the case as one part, the crossflow fan as another (~$30USD), and the 3-to-4 5.3 convertor as another (~$25USD). I did find one site once that had the whole thing as a package, and another that had the option to add them for much cheaper but i cant seem to find them again no matter how hard i look.