Need Some Opinions!

Badams66

I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the colors of my site (DoomSite) and maybe gimme some tips on what colors to change or a whole idea for the site in general! This sites been up for a while (so many different web hosts, lookin in to one sometime this week), but right now its under a HUGE upgrade and u was just wondering what everyone thinks of how it looks so far!

lol, what the hell! It works when my friend goes to it and when i go to it! hmmmm, maybe i typed something wrong......try typing it in manually!

EDIT: I doubt this is going to work, but if that one doesn't work then try This

Edited by Tyme_66

Ok, after alot of hardwork, kicking stuff, and throwing things, i finally got my site working (after about a million different tries)! So, as i said in one of my other many posts, what do you think of it so far and how can i improve?

DoomSite

And don't tell me it doesn't work....i will seriously cry after all that work!

Doesn't work :P

Just kidding!!!

first heads up...... all I first saw was a REALLY bright red page with a graphic on it......

had to scroll down to find the Enter Here text...

Most surfers are lazy... don't make them scroll down..

then, don't have two intro pages... allow a choice for flash or non-flash on the first page...

most surfers are lazy, don't make them click more than one or two times to get to content

ummm sorry, Flash index is a dead link

I'm assuming you don't have content for the other links yet....

set up an .htaccess file (or the like for error 404's that redirect to the home page or some other page explaining that content is on the way.....

Keep going, good effort... web sites can take HOURS!!!

I am just starting with a new one at www.thepeaks.com and I have a VERY long way to go!!!

Nice work :D

p.s. all you need is a file named .htaccess

with this text:

ErrorDocument 404 /error.htm

the name of the HTM file can be anything you want...

put the .htaccess file in the root of your web server

Still doesn't work fo me. And please keep the new thread creation to a minimum... No need to have 15 threads saying, "Come look at this".

I'm going to merge several of them.

Get rid of the ultra bright red at first. Maybe a nice maroon or something.

(Except 640x480 you crap mofo)

Get rid of that. That's just stupid lol.

Still make the background not black, black is the color from 5 years ago, come into the real web world and get better backgound color.