suddenly just restarting while playing a game.

is it time to try another bios. mind of its own at times, would restart for no reason. any other bios that may be more stable

To stop restarting: (WINXP)

Open System in Control Panel.

On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.

Under System Failure, select the check boxes that correspond to the actions you want Windows to perform if a Stop error occurs:

Write an event to the system log specifies that event information will be recorded in the system log.

Send an administrative alert specifies that your system administrator will be notified.

(** Uncheck this one **) Automatically reboot specifies that Windows will automatically restart your computer.

At least you will see a message/blue screen instead of a reboot.

Check your temps. too. Are you positive the CPU heatsink is correctly seated on the CPU? To me it sounds like the computer is restarting to save the CPU from overheating.

To check and see if the heatsink is seated properly, touch the base of the heatsink when the computer is doing something that will be somewhat of a load on the CPU. If the heatsink is warm to the touch, than that means it's making proper contact with the CPU, if it's cold than the heatsink needs to be reseated. Good luck man, I hope you solve this issue quickly. :)

i have the same issue, and its extremely frustrating. the majority of replies seem to try to blame the memory

really, how many bad solid state memory sticks you think are out there compared the mobo/bios issues :P

i think it may have to do with the northbridge overheating? my temp was around 55c checking in the bios after the crash. is it possibly to use the pci-e card in the 2nd slot to allow more air to the chipset fan? i also may try to reseat the fan with AS5

i have the same issue, and its extremely frustrating. the majority of replies seem to try to blame the memory

really, how many bad solid state memory sticks you think are out there compared the mobo/bios issues :P

i think it may have to do with the northbridge overheating? my temp was around 55c checking in the bios after the crash. is it possibly to use the pci-e card in the 2nd slot to allow more air to the chipset fan? i also may try to reseat the fan with AS5

55C is bad. Are you sure you have the memory setup right? It took me several hours to get it to where there are no crashes. The main thing that fixed the majority of my problems was upping the voltage to v2.9.

PS: Patriot memory rocks!

PPS: When reseating the heatsink with AS5, use the proper chemicals to remove everything left behind from your old thermal paste. Refer to AS5 website for more info. It's VERY important to get that right. You don't want your temps to go up ;)

A hot chipset can cause lots of problems. I removed the pad under the chipset and put better thermal compound under it as well as I have a small 60mm fan blowing right at the chipset fan about three inches from it. It is the only way to keep cool air to it while useing two vid cards. Water cooling vid cards soon!

i know to use high purity isopropyl (sp?) rubbing alcohol which i have...

it is frustrating...i know this is supposed to be a board for advanced users, but i dont think you should have to spend hours tweaking settings just to get the system stable. i havent even been able to attempt OC yet!

i thought TCCD really didnt need such high voltages (esp at stock speeds)?

are there any negatives for moving the card to slot 2 to allow more airflow?

Hi,

I was having random crashes , not BSOD`s but right back to boot as if I had powered off. On an unclocked system , prior to installing in a Prommy , I wanted to check stability. Like you I was worried it was NB temps, CPU temps, power supply etc. I did 2 things , firstly increasing my ?? LDT ( cant remember its exact name , new to me on this mobo compared with my old NF-7S ) voltage slightly in BIOS, secondly flashing to the latest BIOS. Now works a treat. I had also increased previously my VDIMM and CPU volts, but was still getting random reboots.