Sign in to follow this  
Z4pp3r

Question For Logitech Mx700 Users...

Hey All!

I have just bought a Logitech MX700 cordless optical mouse.

Usually I would avoid these types of mouse due to the 'lag' caused by the power saving features. Logitech seem to have got around this problem and I have to say, this mouse is great!

I do how one issue however...

Every so often the mouse stops responding for a second, maybe two, and then responds again. While this is happening, the green LED on the receiver lights up briefly.

Not a huge problem I know, but I would like to remedy the problem if at all possible.

At the moment, all I can think of is interference from other devices?

I have a P4 2.8, Win XP Pro.

I used to have the Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard. I have disconnected the mouse, but still use the cordless keyboard (meaning I have two different receivers).

MX700 is plugged in via USB (PS/2 port is empty)

Anyone have any ideas? would be really appreciated

all i can say is that you would want to move any receiver as far away as you can from a monitor or speaker or anything that could create interferance. Also wireless phones, microwaves, 802.11 networks can interfere as well. I can just recommend to try to eliminate as much possible interference. Also try changing the channel on the mouse, that might help if you have a crowded radio range in your house.

Thank you for the response Andrusk.

I thought I had put the receiver in a 'clear' spot. I will switch a few things off while using the mouse and see if I can identify the problem.

When you say changing channels, what does that involve?

(I have reset the connect buttons as recommended in the manual)