Sign in to follow this  
Dosan89

DFI Return Poilcy

Yes, get some that you see in the sigs of other users. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get good RAM.

Look though some of the threads that deal with memory issues.

I keep on getting mixed messages

some people telling me to give up and others are tellign me to get new RAM

please review the thread in my sig and then repost if you feel that that is Truely the problem. I have already replaced teh PSU which was supposed to be the problem before, but now it wont even post. Also, the LED diagnostic gets past the RAM detection phase. I would like to get a general consensus as to the RAM being the problem if possible, i will have to hook the computer back together, but it will defninitely be worth if it the problem is the ram

dont hook the computer up together at all yet. In fact, you should do the opposite.

You should take the entire computer apart and plug only the bare essentials into the motherboard, which should be outside of the case and sitting on the foam mat that comes with the mobo box. Plug all 4 power in and a cpu fan into the molex if possible. And try to boot with just 1 stick of ram in the 2nd slot. If that doesnt work, do a long clear of cmos and try again. Look around for the directions for the long clear cmos... And then, if nothing like that works, then try some different ram. Eventually you should get up and going, and boost ur ram up a little bit and maybe your cpu too, until you figure it all out.

Guest Archangel

Different people will give different messages. That's the joy of it all. What I would suggest is; if you think it's a memory problem, then try soem different memeory. It can't hurt to try. If new memory solves the issue, then you got a damn good board that will never cease to impress you with it's performance. All I said was; have a little patience with it. All good things take time and patience. Don't give up so easily. Good luck!

Wow! You try to run Kingston Value RAM in a board that is a screamer and you want to blame the board?

I'm not saying a DFI board is the easiest to get up and running but you really started in a hole with the Kingston Value RAM.

Take a look at the sigs of some of the forum members that have their rigs up and running. Pay special attention to the type of RAM they use.

You've got the makings of a really fine rig. Get some better memory and give it a shot.

umm, no.

This board will fight with any RAM if the BIOS sets the wrong AUTO defaults.

for starters what kind of KINGSTON is it exactly the CAS2.5 or the CAS3?

don't listen to no one about gettin this RAM that tells you it won't or can't or why did you get it, etc. And read my sig ;)

you aint gonna get sweet overclocks or anything, but you will be happy until you get better gear.

don't believe the hype,

h

Dosan89,

Value RAM has always been a problem with these boards.

The rest of the hardware you listed is top notch.

umm, no.

This board will fight with any RAM if the BIOS sets the wrong AUTO defaults.

for starters what kind of KINGSTON is it exactly the CAS2.5 or the CAS3?

don't listen to no one about gettin this RAM that tells you it won't or can't or why did you get it, etc. And read my sig ;)

you aint gonna get sweet overclocks or anything, but you will be happy until you get better gear.

don't believe the hype,

h

would the value ram cause the problem i am seeing?

i guess i will go through the process of removing the mobo and testign it all piece by piece, but i dont want to go past 30 days becasue after that i have no chance of getting it returned.

Keep an eye on your 30 day window as a fall back.

I would get some higher quality RAM at the very least. Even if you have to borrow some from a bud.

If you contact Newegg and tell them it's not compatible with your components (memory, PSUs, etc...) and you can't afford to spend extra cash to get these new components, and you don't want to RMA it for a replacement board, rather just return it, I think they may take it back and refund your money (with some kind of restocking fee???)

Kingston Value RAM = does not work with DFI NF4

if you can get it to work then you are better than me

i've tested 3 separate kits of KVR and none of them work.

ive tested 2 different Corsair Value and had countless customers use Corsair VALUE and nothing that says VALUE on it is worth a damn in these boards.

some will say 'but look i have it working in my sig!' and to them I say 'good, you had better luck than I did'

everyone else...when you buy a Porsche...do you put the cheapest gas you can possibly find in it?

do you use the worst tires and cheapest spark plugs for it?

no...a Porsche is a Porsche and should not be confused with a Hyundai

I'm new to DFI Boards, But i have Got KVR working good in dual channel, i had to change bios settings and play around, but now its perfect :)

This board is all its cracked up to be and i am still tweaking it, I'm having fun with it too. It seems really fiddly, and i like that. And im happy with my Buy :drool: