Sign in to follow this  
Dosan89

DFI Return Poilcy

What is the DFI return policy?

It's like any other return policy...

From DFI.com.tw

Terms and Conditions of Service Usage :

1. 1. DFI’s RMA service is offered as an “Additional OPTION†and as an “Additional AVENUE†for END USERS ONLY, who reside in the UK, France or Germany on all DFI LANPARTY and INFINITY series MOTHERBOARDS ONLY and not accessories such as cables, FrontX etc, all of which carry a 2 year warranty. The RMA service is provided only to end users residing in the above mentioned countries who have found their motherboards to be FAULTY.

2. END USERS residing in countries other than the UK, France or, Germany are requested to please contact their reseller / dealers / retailers or whomsoever they purchased their motherboard from for RMA service.

3. By END USERS in 1 above, it is meant – a user who uses their DFI motherboard for personal use either at home or, enthusiasts and or for business purposes. An end user who uses their DFI motherboard for business purposes is one who is not a dealer, vendor, retailer or reseller of DFI motherboards. Vendors, dealers, retailers and resellers are requested to follow a separate RMA process.

4. End users who have more than one DFI motherboard at a time for RMA service may be requested to follow the separate RMA process.

5. By “Additional OPTION†in 1 above, it is meant that end users have the option of requesting RMA service directly from DFI. They have the further option of returning the board to the point of purchase for RMA service. This option means that vendors and dealers are still expected to fulfil their responsibilities and obligations to customers who return their boards to them for RMA service as per the laws and regulations of the countries in which they operate. (For eg. in some countries the law requires the dealer to provide a replacement or refund if a purchased item is faulty and returned within a time frame as required by law).

6. By “Additional AVENUE†in 1 above, it is meant that END USERS can receive RMA service in the event that the vendor or dealer from whom the motherboard was purchased might have gone bankrupt or, the contractual agreement (eg. warranty) between buyer and seller might have expired and as long as the DFI motherboard is still under warranty as stated in 1 above.

7. RMA service is solely for the purpose of repair and not a means to receive a refund. Customers seeking refunds should do so directly from the vendors whom they purchased their DFI motherboards.

8. Once DFI has received your motherboard for RMA service, DFI will endeavour to have your motherboard repaired within 5 working days although this may not always be possible (eg. shortage of components) and delays maybe unavoidable. Replacement boards will be provided only at DFI’s discretion as DFI deems fit.

9. Please send a “PHOTOCOPY†of your invoice showing the date of purchase. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS as DFI cannot be held responsible in case it gets lost, although DFI takes great care to ensure that this is avoided.

10. PLEASE SEND ONLY YOUR MOTHERBOARD and not the items or parts that came with it.

DFI reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.

alright,

if i dont fix my problem in 2 days i will be shipping the mobo back. Does anyone have any experience with new egg's RMA program?

thanks

alright,

if i dont fix my problem in 2 days i will be shipping the mobo back. Does anyone have any experience with new egg's RMA program?

thanks

You are out of luck with Newegg's RMA. They will tell you to work with the manufacturer instead, in this case, DFI. AngryGames is the main guy to contact for any RMA service.

even considering a refund?

wait so i am stuck with a f*cking mobo that wont work for me, and i cant refund cause Newegg wants me to refund through DFI, and if i understand correctly DFI will not refund it, only replace it.

just great.

what would happen if i requested an RMA from newegg on the order, would they jsut reject it?

if they will replace it i might as well have the mreplace it so i can sell it on ebay or something.

I truely do not want to be screwed and completely regret buying a DFI product. Would it not be possible to refund the mobo if it is within 30 days?

The best thing to do is keep the board and figure out what the Issue is.

Run memtest on each stick of ram indivigually for a start.(post back with result)even if you have to set the board up on a bench and use the bare min of componets.

I have built a ton of systems and 98% of the time if there is a issue it is user error

(learned this from my own experences) or just a need for a simple bios update.

uh, it really isnt going to work for me, but you cna look at the post, i already began to dissemble the mobo, unhooked all of the LEDs all of the power connections and began to unscrew it

my mobo isnt even posting bypolar, and i am too n00b to make a DFI mobo run.

even considering a refund?

wait so i am stuck with a f*cking mobo that wont work for me, and i cant refund cause Newegg wants me to refund through DFI, and if i understand correctly DFI will not refund it, only replace it.

just great.

what would happen if i requested an RMA from newegg on the order, would they jsut reject it?

if they will replace it i might as well have the mreplace it so i can sell it on ebay or something.

I truely do not want to be screwed and completely regret buying a DFI product. Would it not be possible to refund the mobo if it is within 30 days?

Dont be mad at DFI because you can't figure out their product. If you want to return it, you gotta go talk to Newegg. It's probably a good idea to check out sellers policies on returns and such before you buy off a company. If your board is defective im sure DFI will have no problems replacing it, however if it is not the fault of the board, DFI has done no wrong.

Don't give up so easily, I have had huge problems with my board and im finally starting to get comfortable with it, however I am changing cases tomorrow and we will see what happens then!

Bottom line is, keep trying, its really a great product once you get it all working.

PS Dont be a whiner, nobody likes whiners. :D

Guest Archangel

Dosan89, please listen to d3van! These boards perform amazing once they're up and running. Have a little patiecnce and the will to learn something new. After all, a little more knowledge never hurt anyone and I'm sure once you get the board up and running properly, you'll be more than happy that you did. Someone get Dosan89 a beer. He needs a good dose of liquid courage to get him started in the right direction!

Wow! You try to run Kingston Value RAM in a board that is a screamer and you want to blame the board?

I'm not saying a DFI board is the easiest to get up and running but you really started in a hole with the Kingston Value RAM.

Take a look at the sigs of some of the forum members that have their rigs up and running. Pay special attention to the type of RAM they use.

You've got the makings of a really fine rig. Get some better memory and give it a shot.

uh, it really isnt going to work for me, but you cna look at the post, i already began to dissemble the mobo, unhooked all of the LEDs all of the power connections and began to unscrew it

my mobo isnt even posting bypolar, and i am too n00b to make a DFI mobo run.

do you suggest i buy memory and see if it works, and then send it back?

i guess i will try, except i unplugged all of the LEDs and the FrontX

damnit

well ill send the email to newegg jsut to see if they will RMA so i will have a backup.