My new Rig

I am building a new game box, its a mid gaming machine. I have the following parts put down, I am simply waiting for my nForce4 Ultra D and a 3200+ Venice to arrive (prolly next two weeks since I am in the Caribbean).

Here is what I expect to have:

DDR500 RAM 2 x 512MB - Geil Ultra Link

MSI 6600GT PCIX

AMD 3200+ Venice

DFI nForce4 Ultra D

I read that this was a great board... I am now seeing that it also has a HUGE amount of problems, I am now thinking it may not be worth getting it after all. Please tell me if I may or may not have any probs with this build.

I have a 400Watt PSU, as I said I am in the Caribbean, getting a good PSU is gonna be expensive for me right now. Its not even a brand name PSU, however it ran my GA-K8NS-Ultra 939 board with a samsung 160GB drive, a cd burner and a cd drive with my 6600GT agp and 2x512MB ram quite well. I intend to use a 24 PIN adapter since it is a 20 PIN PSU. This is just tempory untill I can get a decent PSU.

I have until tomorrow morning to make the choice on which board to get... and from reading the many problems on this site I am not really digging the DFI board again.

I have until tomorrow morning to make the choice on which board to get... and from reading the many problems on this site I am not really digging the DFI board again.

There are plenty more that have absolutely ZERO problems w/ the board. They usually don't post in forums like this, why should they? So what you find in forums like this are only the reported probs.

Remember, 20-24 pin connectors are not recommended w/ that board.

Well if you want a tried and true board get the DFI UT 250GB it has been through the ringer and has turned out to be a great stable board out of the box.

I have no Idea why you would try to use a 400W power supply when DFI say a 480W is recomended.

I would say YES you are going to encounter some issues "maybe",but be ready for them. That is part of the game.

well, I have to take baby steps u get me? I cant get everything all at once -especially here where I cant get a name brand PSU. All I can seem to find is generic sh!t. I REALLY REALLY want this board. It has the options I want as I am an avid ocer. I love ocing.

So I take it everything would work out ok except for my PSU??? If thast the case I'll go ahead with my order as I am able to borrow a decent PSU. If not I cant get the board it would cost me too much.

oh yes -I dont have the board as yet but what BIOS should I use when/if I get it?

yes, thank you -but are you all understanding my situation? I cant jus go BAM! an buy everything in sight... no. I have to make steps. I know I need at least 480Watts and I know I need a 24 pin PSU. However I will not get any of those expensive PSU I have just seen. I will be using that Rosewill Value when I get enough cash as it meets the requirements and is in my price range.

I have a temperary solution of using a 24 PIN PSU with 500 Wats. The only draw back is that it only has 19A on the 12V rail. Yes it doesnt meet the requirements but its the best I can do right now.

Comments needed please... ASAP