Odd Problem -- probably noob mistake..

For some reason my screen is blank all the way through post, and then suddenly I am in windows whenever I warm or hard boot, and I can't get into bios regardless of how or when I start pushin the "del key".

I was in process of loading up drivers/rebooting, last driver install was marvell miniport drivers to get the ethernet up and running. Cant say if it was then or before, because there were several reboots as I loaded mb drivers, video card and monitor drivers and tweaking video.

Stumped!

What am I missing?

Ok so I can get into Bios, I just can not see it on the screen! I have the keystrokes memorized, and I know that just doing a save in Bios rboots the comp, but y cant I get visual?

Everything else is working on install, loaded up windows on a old Tivo Seagate I had laying around, got on net and downloaded and launched WWII online.

(500 fps in map screen -- lol)

Sup with that?

4F

Weird...

Shut down PC and was going to call it a night. Got busy with turning and basting the slow cooking BBQ ribs :drool: I was making for tomorrow and decided to give it more more try before I hit the sheets on a lark.

Bam! Got video this time! Is the monitor getting stuck in some sort of deep sleep state or what?

4F

I had issues during bootup with my flat panel using DVI. In my case it turned out to be the cable I was using. I had a DVI dual cable and in the process of trying to find out what was cuasing my troubles, I noticed that my monitor came with a DVI single cable. I switched to the one that came with the monitor, even though it was thinner and looked to be of lower quality than the one I purchased and the problems went away.

Well I wish mine would be so straightforward as your situations above. ie., I'm using a single dvi cable and my monitor is on first.with a warm boot out of windoze.

Last nite I got it to work repeatedly for awhile, but then again this morning it decided to do the opposite. Kinda hard to tweak things you can't see!

4F

Well I wish mine would be so straightforward as your situations above. ie., I'm using a single dvi cable and my monitor is on first.

Last nite I got it to work repeatedly for awhile, but then again today it decided to do the opposite. Kinda hard to tweak things you can't see!

4F

Are you putting the DVI cable in the correct DVI port?

Make sure of that first :)

EVGA 6800GT has 2 DVI and 1 TV port. Placing on the slot marked 1.

But your post got me to thinking and I grabbed and old Dell monitor and put the adapter on the DVI port and it works flawlessly. So it must be something to do with DVI, video card, or cabling or something.

Any ideas out there?

4F